Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Whats the best way to import bitmaps?

Whats the best way to import bitmaps?

Discuss PocketC for Palm OS (including Desktop Edition)

Postby Velvis on Wed Mar 28, 2001 9:05 pm

I would like to import some bitmaps from a bmp file and use them with PocketC and Joes toolbox.
But I am at a loss as to how to do it. I tried using Tealpaint to screen grab an image in splash viewer but the resulting images are all screwed up.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Velvis

Postby Velvis on Wed Mar 28, 2001 9:08 pm

I'd like to be able to edit them once I get an image in the palm, (vs just having a .pdb that is used by my program)
Velvis

Postby jstadolnik on Thu Mar 29, 2001 1:16 am

Have you tried Dian Suharto's artBMP app. It's a really good onboard bitmap editor. You can get it here:

http://www.geocities.com/artosoft/sumbang.html

Joe
jstadolnik

Postby Velvis on Thu Mar 29, 2001 12:42 pm

This is what I want to use and have been playing around with it to edit bitmaps. However I am not starting from scratch, I would like to take existing PC based images into artBMP for further editing/manipulation.

But I haven't found a way to do this.
Velvis

Postby jstadolnik on Thu Mar 29, 2001 1:33 pm

Have you read the introduction to the bitmap section in the PToolbox documentation?

Two methods I recommend for getting PC bitmaps onto the palm are via palmRI or Pil-RC/par.

Joe
jstadolnik

Postby Corzar on Tue Apr 24, 2001 11:11 am

Yeah, I use PalmRI, but I use a Visor Prism and would like to import 16bit pictures. rsrcedit won't even support 16bit yet. How would those be added?
Xavier Smork

*Trying to make something important*

Love my Sony PDA!

http://www.geocities.com/xaviersmork
Corzar

Postby jstadolnik on Tue Apr 24, 2001 12:36 pm

PilRC can generate bitmap binaries for 16 bit bitmaps. You can then use par to stuff these binaries into a .prc.

Keep in mind that (uncompressed) 16 bit images take up twice the memory space of 8 bit images. They also draw twice as slow.

If your app needs speed, I recommend using 4 bit color images instead, they draw very fast and have a much smaller memory footprint.

Joe
jstadolnik

Return to PocketC for Palm OS