Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Yes, but does it work the other way around?

Yes, but does it work the other way around?

Discuss PocketC for Palm OS (including Desktop Edition)

Postby wjmal on Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:37 am

All my source code (about 40 kbytes) is Pocket C, CContols and PToolBox. I typed it in PDE and used Pinstall to synch it into my Palm IIIxe, where it is now and runs great.

Alas, my desktop PC crashed and now I do not have any PDE files. My question is, is there any way to extract (hotsynch backwards) the PDE files from the Palm? I have tried a regular local direct cradle hotsynch, but it does not recognize my application, just the regular built-in applications like memo, todo, address and calendar.

Any suggestions?

Sincerely,

Bill Mallory
wjmal@rof.net
wjmal

Postby Int21h on Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:02 pm

If you do not have a copy of the program that you typed into PDE you will probably not be able to get the program. The problem is that when you compiled it to put onto your Palm, it lost the original code you wrote and converted it into the machine language that Palm uses, and the only way to get that back would be with a dissassembler, but it wouldn't look the same as when you typed it. Your only hope is if you compiled it into a .pdb and compiled it onboard, in which case you could copy your typed program (in Memopad or something), after a hotsync, from Memopad to your computer.
Int21h

Postby wjmal on Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:03 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Int21h</i>
<br />If you do not have a copy of the program that you typed into PDE you will probably not be able to get the program. The problem is that when you compiled it to put onto your Palm, it lost the original code you wrote and converted it into the machine language that Palm uses, and the only way to get that back would be with a dissassembler, but it wouldn't look the same as when you typed it. Your only hope is if you compiled it into a .pdb and compiled it onboard, in which case you could copy your typed program (in Memopad or something), after a hotsync, from Memopad to your computer.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Dear Int21h,

Thank you for your prompt and informative reply. Now I can get on with redoing my program. It will turn out at least as good and maybe better.

Sincerely,

bill

wjmal@rof.net
wjmal

Return to PocketC for Palm OS