Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Can I make a dropdown automatically work?

Can I make a dropdown automatically work?

Discuss PocketC for Palm OS (including Desktop Edition)

Postby Velvis on Tue Apr 17, 2001 11:53 pm

I am using Ccontrols and was wondering if there is a way to have a dropdown control start already open, or simulate a pen tap on the control to make it drop down.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Velvis

Postby stephane on Wed Apr 18, 2001 1:25 am

You can make it drop down by borrowing a bit of code from the dropdown event handler, (function Chd() in Ccontrols2.c):
<pre id=code><font face=courier size=2 id=code>saveg();
Cdrp( hd1 ); // draw the dropdown list and select from it
restoreg();
Cdrt( hd1 ); // update the dropdown selection text</font id=code></pre id=code>
where hd1 is the handle of your dropdown control.

If you really need to draw the list without handling, take a look at the Cdrp() function, also in ccontrols2.c .

Hth,

St?ɬ©phane
Stéphane
stephane

Postby Velvis on Wed Apr 18, 2001 10:19 am

When I use this method, it sets the dropdown but it doesnt use the choice I make. (ie I have a dropdown that when selected runs code) is this possible?

Thanks for your help.
Velvis

Postby Velvis on Wed Apr 18, 2001 10:35 am

Nevermind, I figured it out. Thanks for your help.
Velvis

Postby stephane on Wed Apr 18, 2001 11:34 am

Could you post what you did to resolve your problem, so others could benefit?

Thanks,

St?ɬ©phane
Stéphane
stephane

Postby Velvis on Wed Apr 18, 2001 1:32 pm

I was thinking of sharing it, but then figured it was so obvious... That only I wouldnt have known how to do it..

All I did was call the handler by adding:
on_dh1();

to make the dropdown "work" simulating the result of tapping the dropdown
Velvis

Return to PocketC for Palm OS