Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Pocket C enhancements

Pocket C enhancements

Discuss PocketC for Palm OS (including Desktop Edition)

Postby Velvis on Thu Apr 26, 2001 12:03 pm

Since many of us are working on improving Ccontrols and I know Joe is always improving his toolbox, I thought we should put together a small and reasonable list of improvements we would like to see in PocketC itself. I have two right off the bat:

1) When switching to graphics mode the top tap should be blank rather than say "Graphics" Every now and again when PocketC slows down the user can see the word "Graphics" before the programmed title appears.

2) Cut/Paste Right mouse support for the desktop edition.

Those are the easy ones, I know this ones a dream:

3) A conduit for the desktop version to sync Pocket C files.
Velvis

Postby Thad on Fri Apr 27, 2001 7:40 am

I said it elsewhere, but I'll repeat it here:

A native app database API, including Datebook, Address Book, To Do list, and Memo Pad.

Thad
Thad
Thad

Postby Corzar on Fri Apr 27, 2001 8:09 am

I would like to see the ability to monitor battery percentage. This would be great. Also sometimes the Desktop edition causes unhandled exceptions, which should be fixed.

Thx.
Scott Merryfield
http://maggots.8m.com
The Dead Army Home
Xavier Smork

*Trying to make something important*

Love my Sony PDA!

http://www.geocities.com/xaviersmork
Corzar

Postby swoge on Thu May 03, 2001 6:23 pm

I would like to see the ability to use doc files, because I am switching between the Desktop Edition and the Palm device very often. The 4k limit makes it hard to keep the source files in sync.
One other thing nice to have, islocalisation. For example the YES/NO Buttons, in german it is JA/Nein. It is a lot of work to patch it all ;-)
swoge

Postby davypp on Fri May 04, 2001 8:54 am

I'd like to see precompiled code ie why compile ALL files every time when only one has changed. It would certainly speed development up!

Thanks,

Davy
davypp

Postby SyPDA on Fri May 04, 2001 9:19 am

A true line edit would be great. If implemented into PocketC itself, it would be a lot faster than any library.

And the ability to edit DOC files is a must.

Those two and PocketC is complete for me. :)
SyPDA

Postby artosoft on Sun May 06, 2001 4:35 am

Just a litle features request:
- can directly use @ver, @cid, etc. It is useful to avoid redundancy to put:

@ver "1.85"
#define ver "1.85"

while we can use @ver instead of declaring #define ver "1.85"

- I use:
//#define __PDE__
when in palm device, and

#define __PDE__
when using PDE (PocketC desktop edition).

It would be nice and easy if __PDE__ automatically define on PDE, so we can remove //#define __PDE__

Good luck!.
Dian Suharto.
artosoft

Postby DaveEverett on Sun May 06, 2001 10:32 pm

The ability to use controls compiled in PILRC would be very useful.

Ccontrols is great, but an app that uses many controls runs like a dog.
DaveEverett

Postby DaveEverett on Sun May 06, 2001 11:38 pm

A serial Rx buffer would be nice, but it would probably require interrupt capability in PocketC so a sub could be run when a certain number of characters was received or when a particular character appeared.

For example. I'm writing an app to listen to a device I'm working on. The device spits out packets (31 bytes) at the max rate of 1/sec. Current PocketC is missing bytes due to the time to first wait for the bytes, then process them into readable data.
DaveEverett

Postby jstadolnik on Mon May 07, 2001 1:41 am

Mr. Everett,

Have you tried using the "serbuffsize" function to increase the serial buffer size (the pocketC docs don't indicate whether this effects the TX, RX, or both)? It should effect both, if it doesn't email Jeremy about it.

BTW: If anyone has suggestions for improving PocketC or bugs, you should email Jeremy (dewey@orbworks.com) directly. (He doesn't seem to read the forum much.) If you do have a bug, ship him a simple test case showing the problem, this will help the problem get resolved much more quickly.

Joe
jstadolnik

Return to PocketC for Palm OS