Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Large Array!

Large Array!

Discuss PocketC for Palm OS (including Desktop Edition)

Postby markng on Fri May 18, 2001 8:39 pm

Hi All,

This might seem like a silly question --

I'd like to create a very large pre-defined array of data. There are 78,756 eight bit words that I would like to put in this array.

1) Is this possible? When I try to compile (using PocketC Desktop Ed.), PDE Crashes...

I've done the following:

int Data_array(78756){
a1, a2, ...., a78756
}

Am I doing something wrong? :)

Thanks!
Mark
markng

Postby Vilmos on Fri May 18, 2001 10:54 pm

If you are using a very large PRE-DEFINED array, or any large array for that matter. You should consider using the built in databases. They are made to hold the large information. Since the databases reside in RAM anyway they will be quick and allow your program to make use of the very limited program memory.

Vilmos

Edited by - Vilmos on 05/18/2001 17:55:07
Vilmos

Postby wossname on Sat May 19, 2001 7:24 am

you cant put .... in an array declaration!

You cant seriously be inserting all these thousands of words manually?

If you are only doing these 3 values, then use:

<pre id=code><font face=courier size=2 id=code>
Data_array[0]=0xA1;
Data_array[2]=0xA2;
Data_array[0]=0xA78756;
</font id=code></pre id=code>

I have written it with the "0x" on the front of each number because "a1" is not a valid integer, but "0xA1" is a valid Hex value.

Could you tell us what you are trying to achieve with this array? Looks odd to assign 0xA78756 to [78756], since 0xA78756 in hex is equal to 10979158 in decimal.

Just seems a bit odd to me :)

Wossname :)
Wossname :)
Are you <i>local</i>?
wossname

Postby wossname on Sat May 19, 2001 7:25 am

Sorry, that should have been:

<pre id=code><font face=courier size=2 id=code>
Data_array[0]=0xA1;
Data_array[2]=0xA2;
Data_array[78756]=0xA78756;
</font id=code></pre id=code>