Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Saving a Database

Saving a Database

Discuss PocketC for Palm OS (including Desktop Edition)

Postby Meldric on Thu Jan 04, 2001 12:18 am

I am relatively new to programming and have decided to tackle a tough project(at least tough to me).

What the program will need is the ability to add/delete a multiple field record from a database and have that database saved upon exit. I looked at the PocketC routines and see Database routines, but do not see a way to save the database. Can someone point me in the right direction?

(I have programmed before in C/C++ so this is not all new to me)
Meldric

Postby tclarke on Thu Jan 04, 2001 12:52 pm

When you dbclose(), the db is 'saved'... What I have done is dbopen(xxx), do the transaction to the db, then dbclose()... do that for EVERY db transaction... this way, the db is always up to date if the program is exited... In fact, I use the db as the 'working' table... I used to create a separate table in storage, then save that table... it finally dawned on me that db in the Palm ARE storage... so I just eliminated the intermediate tables... Hope this answers your question...

Tom
Tom
tclarke

Return to PocketC for Palm OS