Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Runtime for Jornada 720 needed ?

Runtime for Jornada 720 needed ?

Discuss PocketC for CE (including Desktop Edition)

Postby ianf on Thu Jan 11, 2001 6:16 pm

Does anyone have experience of PocketC apps running on the new Jornada 720 handheld with CE V3?

I have a registered user who gets lots of interesting errors with screens not refreshing correctly. He writes "Here now comes the only problem. The working dialog appears at the top right on my screen. However, none of the print is ever erased. This means everything that is printed out, gets printed out on top of whatever was there before, soon becoming just a black mass. This makes it impossible to read what trading commodity you are looking at in the trading mode. After playing the demo so many times, I recognize the commodities by the icons. I cannot of course, read what warp setting I have engaged at, nor anything else it prints at the top of the screen. Annoying to say the least. The basic problem is - the program never erases any normal dialog print."

I have asked him to try a number of things with the runtime & versions of my game to get more info.

Ian
ianf

Postby ajones on Fri Jan 12, 2001 4:53 am

Ian - I've replaced my ageing HP 660LX with a shiny new HP 720. New toys are the only reason I ever go home!

Anyway I've run all my apps (Pike, Launch Pad, ACT...) on the 720 with only minor problems - matching default colors, Launch Pad doesn't support the StrongArm chip (yet), etc.

Basically everything seems to mostly work as expected. If you want me to run or check anything for you let me know.

Tomorrow I'm on a plane to Bangkok...
Tony Jones - http://www.OnHiatus.com
PcketC Apps: Pike, Launch Pad, ACT2, More...
ajones

Postby ianf on Fri Jan 12, 2001 7:57 am

Hello Tony, You just can't keep still. Bangkok sounds suitably exotic.

The user is now working ok with V3 runtime & the original V1 of the game. The only thing that you might like to so sometime ( no hurry ) is to install the V2 of my game ( which is a 240 x 320 application ) & give me a programmer's comment on what's going wrong if anything. Obviously the displays don't fit correctly.

I am happy to test on my iPaq for your apps if you need help.

Happy travelling.

Ian
ianf

Postby ajones on Wed Jan 17, 2001 2:52 am

Ian, I tried to load the v2 of Space Trekker, but unfortunately I don't have access to a desktop machine - at least not one with WindowsCE services installed. So I can't use your setup app. If wou want to give me a pointer to a cab file (StrongArm - if there is any native code involved). I'm happy to take a look.

Also, I will take you up on your offer to check out a new release for me. Soon.

This evening off to Delhi...
Tony Jones - http://www.OnHiatus.com
PcketC Apps: Pike, Launch Pad, ACT2, More...
ajones

Return to PocketC for CE