Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Formatting float into string

Formatting float into string

Discuss PocketC for CE (including Desktop Edition)

Postby mister_zed on Wed Jul 10, 2002 1:06 pm

I tried to use the format function to conevrt floating values into strings with arbitrary precision. It didn't work. The only thing it returned was a string with ONE character in it "f".

What am I doing wrong? I tested this in PocketC 3.01 on Compaq Aero 2100 running PocketPC (MIPS CPU) and on Compaq C-Series (CE 2.0, MIPS). Same result in both cases.
mister_zed

Postby wolfgang on Wed Jul 10, 2002 2:54 pm

Hi,

I was testing a program for another guy, and got the same problem - all numbers that were supposed to be formatted with the "format" function yielded "f" instead. It ran fine on his device (Jornada HPC Pro with WinCE 2.11), but not on mine (LG Phenom HPC with WinCE 2.0). He was using PocketC V3. to compile. It also ran fine when compiling with PocketC V2, but I don't know if this is an option for you. We finally gave up, and I wrote a replacment format function in PocketC, which works well. The only difference to the built-in function is that mine does not do any rounding, it simply truncates, but this could be remedied. If you are interested in the source code, please send me a note to

wolfgang@pdamusician.com

and I'll send you the source right away. If more people are interested, I can post it on this forum.

Wolfgang

Composing music on the PocketPC! - http://www.pdamusician.com
Composing music on the PocketPC! - http://www.pdamusician.com
wolfgang

Return to PocketC for CE