Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Different representation on PsPC and PPC2002..

Different representation on PsPC and PPC2002..

Discuss PocketC for CE (including Desktop Edition)

Postby Thorsten Godau on Wed Aug 28, 2002 4:32 am

Hi all,

today i tried to test my "machine independend" ;)
PocketC-application, i created with my iPaq 3850,
on an old Philips Nino 300 (B/W, MIPS).
The PocketC3 runtime installed well and my program
started, but then the first problems began:

- On PPC2002 the point (0,0) ist on top left corner,
below the bar with the "Start"-Button. On PsPC, the
menu instead is on top and (0,0) ist top left, behind
the menu bar. So i can?Ǭ¥t see my title and a button.
- After starting my program, some calculations are done
and the respective controls on my form are filled.
On PPC2002 this works fine, on PsPC instead of the
float-values inside the controls, only "f" is diplayed.
- The font i used seems on PsPC to be larger.

How can i make a program looking the same way on PsPC,
PPC and PPC2002 (Maybe the presentation on my old
AERO 2130 PPC will not work too...)?
Why is the calculation/float reprsentation not working?

The program is created with PocketC DE and PCForm.

Regards, Thorsten
Thorsten Godau

Postby wolfgang on Wed Aug 28, 2002 2:28 pm

Hi,

your troubles sound familiar to me :-)

The float number output seems to be a bug of the format() function in PocketC V3. I had the same issue with another guy who sent me a program that worked fine on his handheld (WinCE 2.11), but showed only 'f' instead of numbers on mine. When I compiled it with PocketC V2 on my device, it worked. After lots of trying I finally gave up and re-wrote the format() function from scratch in PocketC. It's a bit slower (not too bad), but it works no matter what. If you are interested, drop me a note (wolfgang@pdamusician.com) and I'll send you the source code to that function. Only difference to the built in is that is does not rounding (but this could be fixed).

The different screen layout is a drag. I think in PocketC V3 you can get the device type so you can adjust your screen layout acocurdingly depending on which device the applet runs. I can't use V3 because it is too SLOOOOOOOW for my application, and the device compiler takes many minutes instead of a few seconds to compile my programs. So I just restrict my layout to a reduced height (about 25 points less than full size) and live with the fact that it is shiftew down on PocketPC's.

Wolfgang

Composing music on the PocketPC! - http://www.pdamusician.com
Composing music on the PocketPC! - http://www.pdamusician.com
wolfgang

Return to PocketC for CE