Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Windows Definitions.

Windows Definitions.

Discuss PocketC for CE (including Desktop Edition)

Postby penauroth on Wed Mar 21, 2001 9:56 am

Where can I find the Windows Definitions at the MSDN site? Thanks.

Paul
penauroth

Postby guy on Wed Mar 21, 2001 10:17 am

I don't think you can find them easily there. If you get hold of the Embedded Visual Tools kit (free) then the definitions are included in that. You need to look at winuser.h and commctl.h

For an easily digested PocketC compatible set, look at pcheader.h that is included with PocketC, and windefs.h that is included with PCForm. Some recent PocketC kits may have windefs included.

For those that don't have PCForm (Paul does):

If you can't find a copy of windefs, then pick up the evaluation version of PCForm from the PCForm site and install that. The installation will put a copy of windefs.h into the \PocketC folder on your device.

You don't need to use or register PCForm to use windefs.h

I commented part of windefs, but then ran out of energy.

There are some extra definitions that I added to windefs for the new version of PCForm, but that isn't yet available as an evaluation. From memory I think it was just the WM_CUT, WM_COPY, and WM_PASTE message constants.

The PCForm page is at:

http://www.networkdynamics.net/PCForm.html

Paul - which definitions are you missing? I can update windefs with any that are needed.

Guy

Edited by - guy on 03/21/2001 04:21:26
Guy
[url]mailto:pcform@pcform.net[/url]
http://www.pcform.net
PocketC CE API interface: http://www.networkdynamics.net/PCForm.html#library
PCForm and CE API forum: http://www.networkdynamics.net/forum
guy

Postby David-Swiss on Wed Mar 21, 2001 6:10 pm

Guy, you made the best useful app for PocketC !

And you are a perfect person, which help others and don't hide his work.
I remember when you have helped me understanding how work the "snap on grid" of your PCForm.
And now you are still helping me and other with your header "Windefs.h", you're the best.

Very very very compliments !

(Sorry for this OT)
David-Swiss

Postby penauroth on Thu Mar 22, 2001 4:48 am

Thanks Guy. I always appreciate your input. You and PCForm has enabled me to design a neat little personal finance application.

Actually, I need explanations to all the definitions and notifications in windefs.h and pcheader.h. Also, need someone to explain sending messages to a control via sendmsg() function. There are many capabilities in PocketC and PCForm and I want to maximize the most from these two awesome applications. I know this is a mighty tall order but it will help me better understand the usefulness of windows flags and definitions. Thanks.

Paul
penauroth

Postby guy on Thu Mar 22, 2001 8:58 am

The Microsoft online library is the place to go for the documentation.

Try:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?URL=/library/welcome/dsmsdn/msdn1.htm

When the left hand contents frame has finished loading and redrawing itself a few times then choose:

Platform SDK documentation

For the messages, and control specific style and exstyle flags, look under:

User interface services
Windows user interface - or
Windows common controls

For the shared control flags, use:

Win32 API
Reference
Functions in Alphabetical order
C Functions

Then in the right hand frame scroll down to and choose:

CreateWindowEx

This gives you part of the documentation for the real Windows function that the PocketC createctrl() function calls. The rest of the documentation is under the

CreateWindow

topic. There are some minor parameter differences between the PocketC function and the real Windows function, but the Style and ExStyle parameters are the same.

You could also have a look at the SendMessage function documentation (not surprisingly under "S functions").

In PocketC you can only send messages where "lparam" is null, an int, or a string. Many of the most useful messages are those where lparam is a pointer to a struct, or a pointer to an array. You can't send these messages.

windefs contains pretty much everything that you can do through PocketC at the moment. Some message constants are in there even though PocketC can't yet pass the data correctly through to Windows.

PCForm should handle just about everyting that's possible control-wise with PocketC. I know there are a couple of deficiencies in graphics and database support. But, in general, if it's not there, you can't do it.

If you can, and I forgot to include it, then let me know and I can update V1.25.1 before I send it out (bgmode bug fix, backup file support).

Guy

Edited by - guy on 03/22/2001 03:01:28

Edited by - guy on 03/22/2001 03:02:26
Guy
guy

Postby penauroth on Fri Mar 23, 2001 5:32 am

Thanks Guy. I appreciate the in-depth tutorial.

Paul
penauroth

Postby cao on Fri Mar 23, 2001 3:01 pm

My comments about Guy.

Guy has made something incrediable with limited PocketC event system. :-)
He knows Win32 controls inside out much better than anyone I know.
His PCform probably saved people hours and hours of time trying to understand Win32 control and event.
cao

Postby guy on Tue Mar 27, 2001 7:46 am

Thanks Kevin, but the real stars have to go to you for PocketC.

I think it was Isaac Newton who said something about standing on the shoulders of giants...

Guy
Guy
guy

Return to PocketC for CE