Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - PDA Help !!!

PDA Help !!!

Discuss PocketC for CE (including Desktop Edition)

Postby brendan on Mon Apr 02, 2001 9:13 pm

Hi All, Again. I'm looking to purchase a new PDA (well second hand), to expensive new. Anyhow I've looked at the HP54x and the casiopedia E115--E125, then again theres the IPAQ. Any ideas / suggestions ?. What do you all use ?. I've only my old trusty HP Jornada 420 (yer).
brendan

Postby philhickling on Thu Apr 12, 2001 4:37 pm

Hi. I've worked with Cassiopeia and Compaq Aero - both devices a year old know. I much much much prefer the Compaq, both the physical feel of it, and the functionality is better. Eg. the Compaq comes with Explorer, Network Neighbourhood, etc, whereas the Cassio does not. But I don't know what the new IPacs are like - better still I guess?

Hope this helps.
philhickling

Postby darwin on Fri Apr 13, 2001 1:55 pm

Well it is your choice - I know that the Ipaq has a few problems and lots of features - the best is the display: Compaq has the only Color display that is reflectiv - that means the contrast is always perfect - no matter if direct sunlight or middlebright areas...
Compaq plans to release a new Ipaq with 64 MB RAM (WOW) and a new expansion packet for PCMCIA III cards - PERFECT!
BUT: The display is bright but never clear - tiny hairs can get between the glass and the display what is alway getting on my nerve.
AND: My ipaq is dead currently. After perfect 6 months it doesn't work anymore and I will have to call the service line *sig*...

http://www.strange-phenomenom.de/index.php3
darwin

Return to PocketC for CE