Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - serial/RS232

serial/RS232

Discuss PocketC for CE (including Desktop Edition)

Postby kjm on Sat May 12, 2001 5:29 am

HI
Can anyone help please?

I have tried the serial example on my E115 together with Hyper Terminal on the PC. With the original line...

case PM_COMMEVENT:

in place my E115 sends chars to the PC, but does not seem to be able to receive chars. However, with that line replaced with the following...

case EV_RXCHAR:

the E115 does send and accept chars, but accepts only after a keypress on its screen?

Any ideas?

Further problem...

The line...

case EV_RXCHAR:

will compile on my desktop, but not on my device edn V3.01, but case PM_COMMEVENT will on both?

Kevin
kjm

Postby davidyblood on Sat May 12, 2001 10:46 pm

I am by no means a professional, but I did a small test with my casio e125 using hyperterminal and here is what worked for me:

int SerHandle;

main() {
int w;
SerHandle = seropen(9600,"8N1X",1);
writechars(SerHandle,"David");
commwait(SerHandle,1);
do {
w= readchar(SerHandle);
alert(w);
}while (w==0);
quit();
}

I hope that I copied this over correctly. It's primitive, but it worked. Maybe this will help a little.
davidyblood

Postby kjm on Sun May 13, 2001 6:02 am

Thank you David

I have also tried direct collection of input chars and it works fine, so there must be a problem somewhere in the test done.

The other point I noticed is that echoed to the screen the chars appear rather slowly (and the console flashes?). I wonder, therefore, if there is time to process the incoming data in real time, without loosing any data being transferred , as mine is intended to work without any handshaking.

By the way the second problem, that of compiling, I mentioned is sorted, it was my mistake!

Kevin
kjm

Return to PocketC for CE