Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - speed problem with 3.0 version?

speed problem with 3.0 version?

Discuss PocketC for CE (including Desktop Edition)

Postby tobbi on Thu Jun 14, 2001 8:25 am

In the past i wrote an program with PocketC V.2. It simply does comunicate to an other device by using the serial port and it works very fine. Now i have installed the version 3 of PocketC. I took my code and let i built new. The building took an long time. Then i run the app and all looks perfect. But here is the problem:
Then i start the other device to comunicate, it seems that my program is'nt fast enouth. The comunication fails for speed reasons! The comunication needs only 9600 baud. Is this realy poosible.
I reinstalled version 2 and it works??
Any ideas?
tobbi

Postby ianf on Thu Jun 14, 2001 10:33 am

<font face=Tahoma></font id=Tahoma>Hello Tobbi,
Last time I tried V3 compiler I found it to be very much slower than V2. I was told that this was because of a 'callback function'(though I don't know what that is).
V2 compiled code will run just as fast with V3 runtime because it also contains v2 runtime.

Ian
ianf

Postby tobbi on Fri Jun 15, 2001 7:41 am

Hallo Ian,

thank you for your answer. But i want to modify my program in some points and so i have to use the V2 compiler.
The second point is that i think the most written programs are wanted to run as fast as possible. (or not?)

Uwe
tobbi

Return to PocketC for CE