Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Memo Count

Memo Count

Postby handfordr on Fri Sep 06, 2002 11:38 am

All,

I am trying to count the number of records in a memo, and I am consitently returned an incorrect number regardless of tghe number of lines. The code is below and I am running it on an M515 with 4.1 OS. Can anyone assist.

main()
{
int recs;

mmfind("test memo");
recs=mmcount();
alert(recs);
}

Kind Regards

Richard Handford
handfordr

Postby jstadolnik on Fri Sep 06, 2002 3:31 pm

When a memo is deleted in the PalmOS, the record is emptied out but not removed until the next hotsync. I don't believe these "deleted" records are counted with the mmcount call, however the empty records will still be there.

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Postby samps on Fri Sep 06, 2002 8:54 pm

I'm unsure what it is you want to count.

If it is memos in the memopad use mmcount().

If you want to know the number of lines in a memo:

Open it with mmfind()
make sure you're at the top with mmrewind()
and then
(while not mmeof())
mmgetl(i++)
alert("There are "+i+" lines in this memo")

cheers

Samps
Ubuntu user #82
samps

Postby handfordr on Mon Sep 09, 2002 12:27 pm

Guys,

Thanks for you help here, I was being particularly thick, and thinking that mmcount return the number of lines in a memo rather than the number of memos in tha database.

Again thanks for you help, and I'll go back under my stone now.

Richard Handford
handfordr

Return to PocketC for Palm OS KB