Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - How to save state...

How to save state...

Postby visorprismman on Thu Oct 31, 2002 5:06 pm

Hey,

I just want to know how I save the state of applications that I make. I am making a simple spreadsheet and need some help with it. I want it to be able to export and import to and from the memo via CSV or TD. That is the least of my problems. I also want it to remember what was entered when I go back to it. The main thing I am going to use it for is to track my work hours per day for my job. Just makes it easier in that format.

Cheers
Cheers
visorprismman

Postby visorprismman on Fri Nov 01, 2002 3:15 pm

anybody??

Cheers
Cheers
visorprismman

Postby dcalp on Fri Nov 01, 2002 3:50 pm

It's not totally clear to me what you want, why you don't use a database? Your data will be there forever ;-)
Please explain a bit more.

bye

DC

Pocket VisualForms
Visual design for PocketC
http://pocketvf.port5.com
http://www.angelfire.com/rnb/pocketvf
Diego

Pocket VisualForms
Visual design for PocketC
http://www.diegocalp.com.ar
dcalp

Postby visorprismman on Fri Nov 01, 2002 5:30 pm

Hey,

I want the edit forms to remember what I entered when I exit the program. When I return I want to see what I left the program with. I would like it to save to the memo pad. Do you have any idea?

Cheers
Cheers
visorprismman

Postby soinsg on Fri Nov 01, 2002 5:42 pm

As I see it there are 3 posibilities. It's up to you to mix and match.

1. Save stuff as you go along. So after the user edits a field, save it's contents.
2. Call a save function when the user presses quit.
3. use atexit() to call the save function when the user quits their own way (like tapping Home or pressing a hardbutton).

I suggest looking at the doc's for more info on memopad i/o and atexit(). You have to be careful with duplicate memo's and I think the memo functions can only append to a memo, so if you want to insert data half way you have to read the whole thing into a string, add your data, and write it out again to a new memo (but with a DB you can use dbpos()).
soinsg

Postby visorprismman on Sat Nov 02, 2002 2:55 am

Cheers
Cheers
visorprismman

Return to PocketC for Palm OS KB