Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - How should I install pclib?

How should I install pclib?

Postby macfiddler on Thu Dec 12, 2002 10:35 pm

As a relative beginner at both programming and the C Language, not to mention the palm platform itself (although I have been a computer user for many years, mainly on Mac's, and am now learning to love the terminal on Mac OS X), I have what will probably seem a very simple question; how should I install pclib? I have downloaded the package and unstuffed it, but the files seem to be conventional C header files, rather than being in a palm library Format, or indeed any palm format at all. should I cut and paste them into memo pad individually, convert them into .doc format, or am I missing something Obvious?

Before anybody comes out with the obvious answer that if I am a beginner, I should start with an easier language such as BASIC or pocketC's own simplified C language, Perhaps I should state the reasons for my choice. firstly, I am not planning to program for the palm as such (although I may port some of what I write to it); I plan to learn to program for Mac OS X in ObjectiveC, and am learning straight C as a prelude (and also because I find procedural programming more to my taste than object-oriented Programming). Secondly, such programming experience as I have had was in C++ in MPW and CodeWarrior, so C is at least a little familiar to me. I just want to use the palm in order to practise C. I will probably stick to the console in pocketC for the most part, as I don't want to be bothered with palm API's - I just want to learn plain C.

Please do not be surprised if I fail to answer your post for some time. I am a chronic invalid, and am often unable to use my computer for long periods (days, weeks or months). Be assured that I will, however, reply as soon as I can if I can.

best,
Erica
best,
Erica

Please do not be surprised if I fail to answer your post for some time. I am a chronic invalid, and am often unable to use my computer for long periods (days, weeks or months). Be assured that I will, however, reply as soon as I can if I can.
macfiddler

Postby marita on Fri Dec 13, 2002 2:14 am

I have had similar problems with opening PocketClib.cpp but TextEdit opens without too many problems. These code bits and anything not library has to Cut and Paste to Memo Pad as far as I know. You have to do that with the sample code too. At least that's what I do. I heard that PC Desktop Edition opens directly but that only works on Windows. Trust me I've asked but Mac fans seem few and far between. Oh Well.

Aimee

Aimee M Clay
marita

Postby Vilmos on Fri Dec 13, 2002 1:27 pm

I'm a little confused by your question, but I can answer a little bit about PocketCLib. This is for programming a native library which is then used in PocketC. The native library is coded in CodeWarrior or GCC. None of the source code for PocketCLib is used on the Palm itself, just the compiled library.

Vilmos
http://www.pocketdimension.com
Vilmos

Postby macfiddler on Fri Dec 13, 2002 3:14 pm

Hello Vilmos, and thanks for your reply. Actually, I was referring to pclib which is available from http://thad.notagoth.org/palm/ .

Aimee, I suspect you're right. I will try what you suggest.

best,
Erica

best,
Erica

macfiddler

Return to PocketC for Palm OS KB