Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Outside the screen buffering

Outside the screen buffering

Postby md_lasalle on Sun Jan 05, 2003 3:27 pm

I tried to scroll a rectangle from the outside to the inside and it doesnt work...

Must I create a custom buffer... If someone could give me a hint on how to do this I would appreciate... I tried CopyRect and it doesnt work...

If I could use ScroolRect it could be good 'cause of the backup bit and the background being untouched.
thanks..
md_lasalle

Postby jstadolnik on Sun Jan 05, 2003 3:39 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> I tried to scroll a rectangle from the outside to the inside and it doesnt work...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I don't understand what you mean by this.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Must I create a custom buffer... <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

It depends on what you are trying to do... which I don't yet understand.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
If someone could give me a hint on how to do this I would appreciate... I tried CopyRect and it doesnt work...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Look at the toolbox_demo code. It has example of ScrollRect in action.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
If I could use ScroolRect it could be good 'cause of the backup bit and the background being untouched.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

What backup bit are you refering to... the one on a form? It should have no bearing for what you are doing.

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Postby md_lasalle on Sun Jan 05, 2003 3:44 pm

I have a Title screen where the title scrolls from the bottom of the screen(outside the screen) to the middle of the screen.
md_lasalle

Postby jstadolnik on Sun Jan 05, 2003 4:16 pm

Don't bother with ScrollRect.

1) create a scratch buffer (full screen size). (Buffer 1)
2) create a second scratch buffer (custom sized one to contain your title screen) (Buffer 2)
3) draw you title image in buffer 2.
4) copy the display to buffer 1.
5) Use CopyRect to copy buffer 2 to the the display at coord (x,y)
6) update coordinates (x,y) for next "title image" position.
7) Do a CopyBuf(0,1) to restore the original screen.
8) go back to step 5.

See the graphics.c file for other buffering techniques.

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Return to PocketC for Palm OS KB