Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Text Editor Choice

Text Editor Choice

Postby md_lasalle on Wed Jan 08, 2003 6:29 pm

What text editor should I use to make a really really huge game?

'cause I know that memo pas has a limitation...thanks
md_lasalle

Postby jstadolnik on Wed Jan 08, 2003 7:08 pm

QED is probably the best onboard editor for PocketC apps.

If it's a really big app, then you'll want to use the desktop edition. The PDA based compiler can only compile app's up to a certain size (about 48k of compiled instructions, while the desktop can go up to 256k).

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Postby md_lasalle on Wed Jan 08, 2003 8:21 pm

if i buy the desktop edition...can I hotsync between PocketC Desktop and PocketC PalmOS ? 'cause I always program my apps on the road
md_lasalle

Postby soinsg on Thu Jan 09, 2003 4:31 pm

It's possible by copying your source files into memos, but then you must split them to get past the 4k limit, also as said above the limit as to how big the compiled applet can be is less when compiling on the device.
Or you could easily convert your source files into doc's, I know iSilo has a program that can convert several on one click, I'm not sure about the other doc readers/editors.
soinsg

Postby samps on Thu Jan 09, 2003 10:17 pm

ClipSync is a conduit between the clipboard on the PC and the one on the Palm. When run during hotsync, the contents of the clipboards get swapped.

I use it to get source from PC to PDA. If the source is bigger than the memopad 4k limit, it will let me save it as .DOC, readily openable in QED.

Apart from that specific task, it is always fun to see what I had forgotten on the clipboard of either machine ;-)

A great tool!

cheers
Samps

Quote from the readme.txt:

ClipSync 2.1 Registered Version
Copyright 2000, Bruce A Rees, barees@ihug.co.nz
ClipSync Website: http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~barees

Ooops! They've moved since I bought the program. Try http://www.zitafarm.com instead.
Ubuntu user #82
samps

Return to PocketC for Palm OS KB