Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - IR Help with a remote

IR Help with a remote

Postby Deepinspace on Sat Mar 15, 2003 11:38 pm

How do you set up the ir to be able to understand a remote control's IR. I want to write a program where i can copy a remote control's ir and send it out again.

Thanks
Deepinspace

Postby jstadolnik on Mon Mar 17, 2003 1:26 pm

This cannot be accomplished with the serial IR routines in the PalmOS.

This feat requires direct manipulation and monitoring of the UART registers on the CPU. It's possible on the dragonball processors (a few developers have pulled it off, the OmniRemote folks, etc), but I'm not sure about the new ARM ones.

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Postby otakribut1 on Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:09 am

look for any tv remote controller apps for pda. and use the learn-mode to capture any ir command from any remote and then send back this command from your pda.
otakribut1

Postby sqnewton on Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:46 pm

I am new to Palm, so please be gentle to me.. :D

I have a Zire 21 (OMAP processor) and have been trying to send regular commands (plain Ir on/off) through the Ir port. All the literature I read so far says that it is not possible on OMAP devices and not on the new devices. However, I downloaded the OmniRemote program from Pacific Neo-Trek, and I was impressed on how well it works on the Z21. It reads (learns) the remote control commands and transmits the Ir commands without problems. I checked it with an Ir receiver module and an oscilloscope and the command bits were crisp and clean.

Anybody has an idea how do they accomplish that? I don't want to use the IrDA protocol, since I want to interface very easily with a PIC16 controller via Ir.

Any information about how to do that is more than welcomed!! :) THX!!

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Deepinspace</i>
<br />How do you set up the ir to be able to understand a remote control's IR. I want to write a program where i can copy a remote control's ir and send it out again.

Thanks
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
sqnewton

Return to PocketC for Palm OS KB