Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Hello. I'm new here. Got a problem.....

Hello. I'm new here. Got a problem.....

Postby Jack on Fri Jun 20, 2003 7:28 am

Wotcha, folks.

I'm brand new here and am just beginning to experiment with PocketC - LUVVIT !

However, I'm having a wee problem with the screen resolution thing.

Can anyone tell me why the screen resolution changes halfway through this pattern code:

Code: Select all
//Pattern
main(){
int edge;
graph_on();
clearg();

edge=159;

while (edge>1){
  line (1,159,0,edge,159);
  edge=edge-2;
}

//Screen res seems to change from 160x160 to 320x320 here 

edge=0;

while (edge<160){
  line(1,0,159,edge,-159);
  edge=edge+2;
}

wait();
}

I'm not sure if this is bad (N)etiquette, but I posted my query on the Brighthand forums before I found this forum. If I might post a link to my problem (rather than type the whole thing out again), I'll promise not to do it again, and refer all my future PocketC problems to this page.

http://discussion.brighthand.com/palmha ... post193924

Thanks in advance.

Jack
Jack

Postby FrankG on Fri Jun 20, 2003 12:03 pm

Jack,

Does it have anything to do with the 2nd line() call having -159 for y2? Since line draws point to point rather than point to offset, I'm not sure what drawing to the specific point (x,-159) will do to the line; it might simply be cropped off the border of the screen.

I didn't see the change to HiRes as you reported; that might have to do with me using the simulator vs. handheld you're using but try not drawing off the screen to see if anything changes.

Also: your example highlights that PocketC doesn't support the "+=" or "-=" operators? I didn't know that! I see in the language doc that they aren't. ;(

Good luck with it,
Frank

Frank
,[_\__\_],
-O||||||O-
)_)=====)_)
FrankG

Postby Jack on Fri Jun 20, 2003 2:06 pm

Of course !!!!

Thanks, Frank.

Blimey, that minus stuff harkens back to my old Sinclair ZX Spectrum programming days - that was directional, not Point to Point as the Palm is.

I simply thought it was 320x320 coz it only drew half of it !

Cheers, mate.

Jack.
Jack

Return to PocketC for Palm OS KB