Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Pre-.3.5 ROMs contd

Pre-.3.5 ROMs contd

Postby Mikael on Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:57 am

I am using graphical buttons-which would explain why they are not showing -even if I try and force them to with an unneccssary Fctl(SHOW,""""). A far as I can remember, I have included a 1 or 2 bit Main.bmp just in case grayscale or 256 colours are not supported and the code does check for the depth settings accordingly. Apart from the #8 TRAP alert mentioned before, the other alerts I get are mainly to do with accessing low memory areas. The list is endless, so I worked out that it can only be one of my arrays which is at fault. I decided to change it from a normal array to one built on the Array func instead. I have only just discovered malloct() and have never managed to get it to work without problems-so I just left it out on that particular array. I had no idea that more than one array built with Array could be used in the same app. I didn't just want to add it to my main one because it's only 49 long and the other is 1050 so alot of memory would be wasted. Anyway, I've decided to test the app by stripping it down and adding on func at a time starting with the arrays; which brings me to my next question.

When testing with Gremlins, how much notice should I take of some of the alerts which seem to be totally unrelated to my app. For example, when testing the arrays with 'for(""""""){
alert(pName[i][0])etc,
I receive a message saying: 'windows can't be under forms because they can't be redrawn'. which has seemingly nothing to do with the test app itself. also, what is the relationship bewteem gremlins and the app running on the emulator normally. Does an app have to run flawlessly with Gremlins turned on to be OK?

Also is there some way to locate where a fault is occuring in an app when given an alert which reads '0x0003D000B' and such like.

Hope I haven't been too long winded here,:D

Thanks in advance,

Mikael
Mikael

Postby jstadolnik on Wed Sep 24, 2003 12:41 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
A far as I can remember, I have included a 1 or 2 bit Main.bmp just in case grayscale or 256 colours are not supported and the code does check for the depth settings accordingly.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

The palmOS didn't officially support grayscale graphics until OS3.5. There are quite a few grayscale drawing bugs on OS3.0-OS3.3. With regards to your bitmaps, I'd be surprised if bitmap families actually work for OS3.0-3.3 (they might though, its just a guess on my part). You might try drawing non-family bitmaps for these earlier OS variants.

See my prevous post for the comments about PocketC and gremlins.

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Return to PocketC for Palm OS KB