Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Word Processor

Word Processor

Postby Apaulo on Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:31 pm

I currently program pocketc in memopad, but now I am writing a very involved program that is bigger than memopad can handle. What else is out there that I can use to put this together in? Also, once I have the program finished, how do I make it into a program that I can open and send to people without having to compile it? Another problem that I am having is that I am trying to use Ceditor and I can't get it to put the three Ccontrols files in the memopad like it's supposed to.
Apaulo

Postby Mikael on Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:19 am

Try the desktop version of PocketC called PDE from orbworks.

'Also, once I have the program finished, how do I make it into a program that I can open and send to people without having to compile it? '

Not sure want you mean by this. If you mean how do you make a .pdb (Palm database) file, PDE allows you to create those as well as .prcs (Palm resource) files. Otherwise, aren't you just talking about source code?

Sorry can't help with CControls as I've never used them.

Mikael
Mikael

Postby Apaulo on Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:58 pm

I just want to be able to have people download a program that they don't have to compile to run. I think what you told me is it, thanks. But I still can't get Ccontrols to work.....
Apaulo

Postby Mikael on Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:58 pm

I think I understand what you mean now. You want people to be able to download a finished application - one that they don't have to compile before running as they would with a memo.

PDE will do this for you. You write your source code on the desktop as you would in a memo on the PDA and once it is free of errors (the built in compiler will find most of these for you), you compile it - either into a .pdb (Palm database file) which requires the user to have PocketC runtime installled separately in order for the application to work - or into a .prc (Palm resource file) - which is a stand-alone application where the file has its own icon and doesn't need PocketC in order to be able to run. Both types can be downloaded by users once you have uploaded them to your chosen site.

Hope this makes things a bit clearer.

Mikael
Mikael

Return to PocketC for Palm OS KB