Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Emulator & Simulator support

Emulator & Simulator support

Postby IkilledKenny on Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:28 pm

Hi, I, for whatever reason, don't want my program to be able to run on the POSE or POS5 Simulator. I was wondering what can I do to stop it from running. What code and or value should my application look for? Maybe run it long enough to show an alert saying something similar to "This program may not be run on an emulator."

I thought about looking for the Hotsync ID. The emulator has this as the ID by default, but this can be changed by useing programs like ChangeName. Is there any other value that is only used by the emulator that I can code against?

Visit my site for Palm OS game cheats at:
http://www.palmcheaterguy.4t.com: A place for all your Palm OS Games Cheat Codes... And if you don't find the game you want to cheat on... simply send in the request from the form right on the site!!

"If you see kenny today, tell him I'm sorry for killin him yesterday."
--Cartman
Visit my site for Palm OS game cheats at:
http://www.palmcheaterguy.4t.com: A place for all your Palm OS Games Cheat Codes... And if you don't find the game you want to cheat on... simply send in the request from the form right on the site!!

"If you see kenny today, tell him I'm sorry for killin him yesterday."
--Cartman
IkilledKenny

Return to PocketC for Palm OS KB