Palm built in Datebook

Discuss topics that apply across the products, such as the PocketC language, or development in general

Postby ultraman on Mon Mar 10, 2003 11:27 am

:?:I currently write basic programs with Hotpaw Basic. It is very easy to write data to the Datebook. I can create a Datebook record and address each of the predefined fields. I have now played with Pocket C for a couple of weeks and found it to be far superior to Hotpaw Basic in many ways. Do any of you know how I write to the Datebook like Hotpaw Basic?
ultraman

Postby jstadolnik on Mon Mar 10, 2003 1:32 pm

Check out the DateBook functions in the PToolboxLib. The implementation is more powerful than Hotpaw Basic's in that it allows for repeating appointment access.

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Postby ultraman on Sun Mar 30, 2003 7:20 pm

Ok, My next area of pain.
Can anyone help with these to issues in my head

1. Read contact names from Address book and write them to the screen.

2. Once I have done that I want be able to choose one of the names and append to the existing note in that contact.

Any suggestions are appreciated

Craig Isaacs :)

Ps: The Pocket Toolbox datebook links are in Beta. I would love to use a more tried and true method.
ultraman

Postby jstadolnik on Sun Mar 30, 2003 9:58 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
1. Read contact names from Address book and write them to the screen.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

There is sample code to do this which comes with PocketC. See your pocketc/samples directory.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
Ps: The Pocket Toolbox datebook links are in Beta. I would love to use a more tried and true method.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

The PToolbox datebook support has been out for a few months now and there have been no reports of problems with the current release. So I think it's pretty safe to use. However, as with all apps, you should still test it thoroughly on the the Palm OS Emulator & Simulator using a variety of debug roms to ensure that the app is running at you'd expect. If you do stumble across a bug, just report it and I'll fix it.

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Return to General Discussion