Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Using an External Editor for PDE

Using an External Editor for PDE

Discuss topics that apply across the products, such as the PocketC language, or development in general

Postby cable_guy_67 on Sun Apr 13, 2003 4:46 pm

The last post I saw on this subject was back in May of 2002 and I wondered if it had been addressed. I would like to use an external editor for PDE and have not seen any info on this in the docs. Is there any way to pass parameters to pde from an editor? The internal editor is ok but I would really like to be able to see what line I am on without having to hit or miss it using goto. PDE is otherwise wonderful and I have not had any real problems with it. Thanks for any direction in this matter.

Mark
cable_guy_67

Postby jstadolnik on Sun Apr 13, 2003 7:48 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
The last post I saw on this subject was back in May of 2002 and I wondered if it had been addressed. I would like to use an external editor for PDE and have not seen any info on this in the docs. Is there any way to pass parameters to pde from an editor?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

There is currently no support for this. I've suggested this to Jeremy a number of times. I would suggest harassing him about it if you want it (dewey@orbworks.com). The more voices he hears on this the more likely it will get implemented.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
The internal editor is ok but I would really like to be able to see what line I am on without having to hit or miss it using goto.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

PDE does show the current line number. It's in the lower right hand corner of the window, in the leftmost box. It will say "ln #, col #", where the # after ln is the line number.

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Postby cable_guy_67 on Sun Apr 13, 2003 9:03 pm

Thanks Joe,

I will take your suggestion about where to direct the beef for arg. support. :D

What a marooon, I can't believe I didn't see that down there. I will just tell myself it is because of the grey on light grey. Hopefully that will reduce the sting.

Is my newbie still showing?

Mark
cable_guy_67

Return to General Discussion