Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Displaying bitmaps contd.

Displaying bitmaps contd.

Postby Mikael on Thu Apr 17, 2003 11:02 am

Forgive me if this question sounds stupid, but I've managed to convert some .bmps to .prcs using PilRc and I've not idea how to display them or incorporate them into the program I'm working on.

I've read the PToolbox docs about bitmaps and one sections says:

Empty resource database files can be created with the OpenBmpDb() function. The empty database can then be populated with bitmaps using the SaveBmp() function.

The thing I'm not clear about here is exactly what the database is being filled with.
Also am I right in thinking that if I append my .prcs to my applet I no longer need to worry about databases-and if so how would I then display them?

I know it's asking a lot, but I would be really grateful if someone could give me a short example program to follow. Perhaps it would help if I explained what it is I need. I've written a program to which I need to add two splash screens-one a bitmap title page, and the other an introduction. So far, it looks something like this:

@cid etc.

list of prototype functions

# define blah blah
black and white bitmap array

more arrays
global variables

prototype functions(){
}

main(){
graph_on etc

functions()

}//end main

I'm more concerned about the structure and content of the code needed to display my 'TitlePage.bmp' than the placement, which I can probably figure out by fiddling about with the program.

Sorry for the long question, but I have a hard time learning from docs as opposed to books.

All help greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Mikael
Mikael

Postby jstadolnik on Thu Apr 17, 2003 11:50 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
Forgive me if this question sounds stupid, but I've managed to convert some .bmps to .prcs using PilRc and I've not idea how to display them or incorporate them into the program I'm working on.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Did you use the PilRC -ro switch to generate a .prc file? If not, check the PilRC manual for more info on this.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
Empty resource database files can be created with the OpenBmpDb() function. The empty database can then be populated with bitmaps using the SaveBmp() function.

If you've already created the bitmap .prc file with the PilRC -ro switch then all you need to do is install the .prc file on your device and open with OpenBmpDb().

The thing I'm not clear about here is exactly what the database is being filled with.
Also am I right in thinking that if I append my .prcs to my applet I no longer need to worry about databases-and if so how would I then display them?

See the toolbox_demo.c example included in the PToolbox release. It shows how to draw bitmaps.

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Return to PocketC for Palm OS KB