Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Wave Mix - How?

Wave Mix - How?

Discuss PocketC for CE (including Desktop Edition)

Postby Hark0 on Wed May 07, 2003 8:05 am

I want to play multiple channels of sound at same time....

How?

Hark0
http://www.pcdemano.com
Hark0

Postby wolfgang on Wed May 07, 2003 1:57 pm

Two possibilities:

(1) mix the wave files into a new file and then play this file (PocketC is too slow to do this in real time). I have a lot of code that does that in PocketC - write again if you need it.

(2) there is a free Wave mixing library out, and Kevin has written a wrapper DLL library around it so you can use it from within PocketC. Unfortunately you will need PocketC V3 for this. I tested the library and it works well, except that it has sluggish response (considerable and varying delay between calling the mix function and the time when it actually starts playing). If your application is not extremely timing-critical, it should work though.

You find documentation about (2) here:
http://www.orbworks.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=1493

Wolfgang

Composing music on the PocketPC! - http://www.pdamusician.com
Composing music on the PocketPC! - http://www.pdamusician.com
wolfgang

Postby Hark0 on Wed May 07, 2003 2:18 pm

Thanks Wolfgang....

I visited you page, and I download some apps.

I search a similar library of FMOD (more expensive)...

I try your (2) choice.... (thanks for the link....)

Best Regards, Hark0
Hark0

Postby Hark0 on Wed May 07, 2003 2:52 pm

Hi!

I tested the library on my iPaq 3970(ppc2002)...

Works!... but at finish the applett, the PDA are sound Off...

:evil:

Before a Soft-Reset, the sound returns....

Any idea?

Hark0
Hark0

Postby KOU on Thu May 08, 2003 12:25 am

Did you correctly release the library?
I had similar problems when I was debugging my MidiPP library.

KOU
KOU

Postby Hark0 on Thu May 08, 2003 1:12 pm

I believe that yes.

The program functions correctly, but al to finalize, leaves the iPaq completely "mute", only the sound can be restored with a soft-reset...

KOU, You know some another library of sound/mix that can embed itself in PocketC of easy form?

Hark0
Hark0

Postby KOU on Thu May 08, 2003 9:39 pm

I don't know any other library.

>>The program functions correctly, but al to finalize, leaves the iPaq completely "mute", only the sound can be restored with a soft-reset...

Same effect I had when I forgot to release library.
Probably, PocketC port have a bug.

kou
KOU

Return to PocketC for CE