Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - How to get data from a listbox

How to get data from a listbox

A PocketC native palm library offering native forms and assorted utilities

Postby hotfixus on Tue May 27, 2003 3:20 pm

Hello,

i making a program that displays some data to a list box with the commands Flist and FaddList.

How can i get these data from the list box and store them perhaps to a database?
hotfixus

Postby jstadolnik on Tue May 27, 2003 3:36 pm

That feature has been implemented for next release which should be out within 2 weeks (there's a new FgetList() function).

It's currently possible read the contents of a list with a sequence of FsetState-FgetText calls to iterate through a list, but it's a bit painful.

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Postby hotfixus on Tue May 27, 2003 7:54 pm

Thanks,

i will give a shot to FsetState-FgetText calls, till the release.
hotfixus

Postby hotfixus on Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:09 pm

I tried to use FsetState & FgetText, but i could make iot work.

The situation is that, i have a pilot database, and i want to read the data and appear them on a list.

Please, tell me if there is a way to get the data with FsetState & FgetText, and if it will be faster. Because with this way it is slow. An i am talking about 570 records of 6 fields each, and it will be more.

Here is my code,

int ShowDB() {
int i, j, r;
int recnum, recnum2;
string result;

Fctl(UPDATE);

r=DBopen("tzok");

recnum=DBinfo(1,0);
recnum2=DBinfo(2,0);

recnum2--;

Fctl(SHOW,4045);

for(i=recnum2;i>=0;i--){
Insert(&result,(i+1)+ " ",0,0);
for(j=0;j<recnum;j++) {
if(j<5){
Insert(&result,DBgetfield(i, j),strlen(result)+1,0);
if(j!=4) Insert(&result,",",strlen(result)+1,0);
}
else
if(j==5) Insert(&result," " + DBgetfield(i, j),strlen(result)+1,0);
}

FaddList(4005,1,&result);
result="";

}

dbclose();
Fctl(HIDE,4045);
Fctl(UPDATE);
return 1;
}

Thanks,

Elias
hotfixus

Postby jstadolnik on Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:26 pm

It's easier for me to just ship you the v7.6.0 beta. To what email should I send it?

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Postby hotfixus on Tue Jun 03, 2003 9:03 am

ok sent it to hotfixus@dotteam.gr

Thans,

Elias
hotfixus

Return to Pocket Toolbox