Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Switch forms??

Switch forms??

User interface libraries written in PocketC

Postby s_corey on Tue Oct 16, 2001 5:23 pm

I'm using CControls. Is there a way to unload one form, and load another? If so, what do I use to do that? Thanks!
s_corey

Postby jcygan on Wed Oct 24, 2001 4:28 pm

Have you been answered yet. Let me know if you still need help on this.

Joe
jcygan

Postby AJHAssociates on Tue May 07, 2002 12:20 pm

I need help on this, can you assist? thanks

Tony
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Have you been answered yet. Let me know if you still need help on this.

Joe

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
AJHAssociates

Postby Manoj on Wed Sep 17, 2003 5:10 pm

I have the same question too.
How to load a form and the load other and another?

Is it just a sequence of calls to clearg() and then draw your controls ?
Manoj

Postby dcalp on Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:38 pm

There isn't a straight way to change forms using CControls.
Manoj, you are right. You need to clear the screen and draw the second form.

You can get some samples from:

- CControls documentation: the sample code has a main form and a dialog.
- Try my soft :): with Pocket VisualForms trial you can create two forms drop a button on each, and set the button action to open the other form in seconds. The generated code will help you to know one way to manage forms with CControls.

Good luck!

Diego

Pocket VisualForms
Visual design for PocketC
http://pocketvf.port5.com
http://www.angelfire.com/rnb/pocketvf
Diego

Pocket VisualForms
http://www.diegocalp.com.ar
dcalp

Postby Manoj on Fri Sep 19, 2003 8:23 pm

Hey,

I did something simple. I wrote 4 forms with 4 buttons. Each screen showed 3 buttons that linked to the remaining 3 screens. That's all.

The above excercise made me go absolutely CRAZY for over 5 hours.
I tried all combinations of clearg(), Chide(), Cdestroy(), Cerase() etc etc.

I was about to jump boats (look alternatives to Ccontrols), when I tried Diego's Visual Forms and decided to see what code it generates.
That was really helpful. I immediately realised where I made mistake. (I had just one event loop handling all screens and somehow it could not handle it. VF generated a new event loop for each form.)

Anyway, the point I am trying to make is that anybody who wants to learn how to switch forms using Ccontrols and / or PToolBox should have a look at the code generated by these GUI builders. I have only tried VF, but I believe other GUI tools also let you hook buttons/menu's etc to forms.

Thanks for your help, Diego.
Manoj

Postby dcalp on Sat Sep 20, 2003 12:12 am

You are welcome :)

Diego

Pocket VisualForms
http://pocketvf.port5.com
http://www.angelfire.com/rnb/pocketvf
Diego

Pocket VisualForms