Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Funny SetSysPref

Funny SetSysPref

A PocketC native palm library offering native forms and assorted utilities

Postby stefangrove on Sun Aug 31, 2003 8:16 pm

Ok, here's another funnyity.

I don't want any sound when a button is pressed because I have my own sounds.

So I say SetSysPref(30,0); It does not work though. I go to the system preferences and see that the value has been changed to 'off'.

Now the remarkable happens: I change the system sound to 'high' and then to 'off' again. Go back to the applet and voil?ɬ†: no sound.

To summarise: SetSysPref seems to change the prefs, but it does not have the same effect as when it is done through the prefs programme.

Are there answers out there? Is the Emulator to blame?[:p]
stefangrove

Postby jstadolnik on Mon Sep 01, 2003 3:57 pm

The PalmOS doesn't check the for the values in the sound preference very often. From what I understand, only when the preferences application is used or when a soft reset occurs. Thus changing the sound preference values from within any appliation, pocketc or otherwise will not change current volume settings.

I would need to provide and entirely new function to get/set the current volume settings for this to work. I'll look into this for the next release.

BTW: Have you considered use the Vibrate() function in your app?

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Postby stefangrove on Tue Sep 02, 2003 10:53 am

Ok, I see.

Vibrate(ing) would actually suit the application quite well, but I still have to find a PDA supporting the function to test it on. My own doesn't and I'm not going to buy one especially for vibrating.

A vibrating emulator just doesn't do it for me ...;)
stefangrove

Postby shurcooL on Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:14 pm

you could try asking a kind soul to 'test' ur proggie on their vibrate-supporting PDA.

they need be very kind, because who knows what kind of crazy vibrate code u'll put in there... ;) or u could make a mistake, u know. :P

i gave u the idea, now do me a favour and don't pick on me. :)

thanks,
shurcooL
thanks,
shurcooL
shurcooL

Return to Pocket Toolbox