Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Little help with rawir

Little help with rawir

Discuss topics that apply across the products, such as the PocketC language, or development in general

Postby freaklamarsch on Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:15 pm

Hi,
I was programming for my PocketPC using Java for a while. But now I want to use the IR Port for some stuff and I saw that PocketC is supporting raw IR, so I decided that I will give that a try.

Writing small programs is no problem, but I have no clue how to use raw IR.

Can anyone give me a hint how I can listen on the ir port and print every signal that comes in?

Thanx,
FReAK
freaklamarsch

Postby freaklamarsch on Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:37 pm

To make it a little bit more detailed.
I am using an old iPAQ H3630.

I am trying to start with a simple program like

if (rawiropen(2400, "8O1N", 36000))
{
putsl("rawiropen successful!");
}
else
{
putsl("rawiropen failed!");
}

I always get "rawiropen failed!" as result.
How should I use rawiropen? Is there anything I should do in advance? (I turned off the always accepting connection setting in the iPAQs system settings as advised in some postings on the net)
freaklamarsch

Postby freaklamarsch on Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:06 am

Is there really noone who can give information about the use of the rawir port?
freaklamarsch

Postby rjculver on Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:49 pm

I don't know if you are still working on this or if you have had any success, I am new to the board and I am trying to use irrecvraw on my Ipaq 1910 with no success, I would appresiate you letting me know your status. I am going to continue working on it and would appreciate a reply.

Thanks,
Randy
rjculver

Postby freaklamarsch on Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:58 pm

Hi rjculver,
I absolutly had no success. I had tried it for a few days and then gave up. My last hope was this forum, but it is quite dead ...
Now the charger of my iPAQ is broken and I have to get a new one before I can try it again. But if you have some success, please let me know, I am still interested!
freaklamarsch

Postby rjculver on Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:37 pm

Hi FReAK,
Sorry I didn,t reply sooner I assumed you would send a email and did not check back here, but hey whats this board for anyway, DUH!! (no body else is using it so we might as well!
Yes I am still working on the rawira problem and have made a little progress, I am in a hurry and will get back with you on that. I found a program called VXHPC on the web from cambridge.com I downloaded the 30 day trial program, set the protocol, checked raw, and it worked perfect on the Ipac 1910, (the purchase price is only $29.95)you can watch the data come in and also write it to a file. This won't work for what I want to do, but it proves it can be done on a 1910. I think it is written in C. I love PocketC and hate to see it end.
Later, Randy
rjculver

Return to General Discussion