Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Backlight Treo300

Backlight Treo300

A PocketC native palm library offering native forms and assorted utilities

Postby JasonSmyr on Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:23 am

I just made this little program..

// Backlight
@name "Backlight";
@dbname "BacklightDB";
@ver "1.0";
library "PToolboxLib"

main() {
Backlight(1);
exit();
}

My goal was to be able to turn on the backlight from single button
rather than key press combo etc..

When I run this screen goes blank then it exits.. the backlight never comes on.. my target device is the Treo300
JasonSmyr

Postby jstadolnik on Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:40 pm

What value does Backlight() return?

The core problem here is that there is no offical palm or handspring API for controlling the backlight. I currently use some unofficial (and undocumented) API to do this, as such I can't guarantee that it's going to work on all devices. Though you are the first to report it not working on any device.

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Postby JasonSmyr on Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:17 pm

I changed my program to be this..
-------------------------------
@name "Backlight";
@dbname "BacklightDB";
@ver "1.0";
library "PToolboxLib"

main() {
int i;
i=Backlight(2);
alert("Start="+i);
if(i==0){
Backlight(1);
i=Backlight(2);
alert("Turn On="+i);
}else{
Backlight(0);
i=Backlight(2);
alert("Turn off="+i);
}
exit();
}

----------------------
I get Alert= "START=0"
then Alert= "Turn On=0"
JasonSmyr

Postby jstadolnik on Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:29 pm

Ok, that narrows things down a bit.

Now, if you manually put the backlight on what value does Backlight(2) return?

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
jstadolnik

Postby JasonSmyr on Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:43 pm

When it first gets the status it is 0 even with the backlight
on.. :(

Do I need to also install the stuff in your plugins folder?
as well as the PToolboxlib?
JasonSmyr

Postby cable_guy_67 on Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:33 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Do I need to also install the stuff in your plugins folder?
as well as the PToolboxlib?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

The files in the Plugins folder are for embedding portions of PToolbox in your application. Check out the docs under <b>PRC Embedding</b> for more information on this process.

Mark
cable_guy_67

Postby jstadolnik on Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:42 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
When it first gets the status it is 0 even with the backlight
on.. :(
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Well, that's not good. There's one more thing I can try. Send me your email (to jstadolnik@hotmail.com), and I send you a new version to try. It way work, it may not. As I said before, there is no offically sanctioned way to controlling the backlight on PalmOS devices, and the unofficial methods (like what I use) have no guarantee of working on all devices.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
Do I need to also install the stuff in your plugins folder?
as well as the PToolboxlib?

No, the PToolboxLib.prc file already contains all the plug-ins.

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
jstadolnik

Postby JasonSmyr on Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:36 pm

Sent you an e-mail.

thanks again for help
JasonSmyr

Postby stefangrove on Fri Dec 26, 2003 3:35 pm

I also had one report of such a problem:

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> I tried it out and when I activated the flash
option - checked the flash box - the entire screen flashed, and the
system had to reset. I'm using a Kyocera Smartphone running Palm OS 4.1
stefangrove

Postby jstadolnik on Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:40 am

I was able to fix the problem, but haven't publically released the update yet. Email me if you want the fix.

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
jstadolnik

Postby stefangrove on Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:11 am

I'll wait for the release.

Stefan
stefangrove

Return to Pocket Toolbox