Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Trouble with hooking silk buttons

Trouble with hooking silk buttons

A PocketC native palm library offering native forms and assorted utilities

Postby Aaron Halbert on Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:22 am

Hi all. As we all know, if exit() is not called, then PocketC apps exit to the prefs. What I did to get around this is to have Ptoolbox hook the silk buttons so exit() is called when the home button is pressed. HOWEVER, I am at a loss as to how to make the calc and find buttons work properly in this situation. I have currently set them up to just exit as well, but I'd like to know if anyone knows a way to make them perform their default actions. Thanks!

Aaron
Aaron
Aaron Halbert

Postby jstadolnik on Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:43 am

You shouldn't have to do a setup any of the hooks to get your app to exit via the home key. By default, touching the home silk key should take you back to the laucher screen, no hooks (e.g. HOOKSILK) needed.

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Postby Aaron Halbert on Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:40 am

It does exit, but it exits to the prefs screen, which is just a PocketC issue as I understand it. I tried to fix this by using an atexit call to schedule an exit() when the user exits out of the program, but it doesn't seem to want to execute the function the pointer is indicating. I'll try posting the question in the PocketC forum since it's not Ptoolbox related anymore, although please do reply if you can help me.

I don't mean to be using you like a personal tutor, but sometimes reading all the material still doesn't help, and I have to ask. Thanks in advance! :)

Aaron
Aaron
Aaron Halbert

Postby jstadolnik on Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:06 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
It does exit, but it exits to the prefs screen, which is just a PocketC issue as I understand it.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

If PocketC does return to the pref screen when the home button is pressed then this is really a bug in PocketC. I would suggest emailing orbworks about it.

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Return to Pocket Toolbox