Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Using Desktop Version of PocketC

Using Desktop Version of PocketC

Discuss PocketC for CE (including Desktop Edition)

Postby mjrdoc on Tue Apr 24, 2001 3:59 pm

When using the CE Version of PocketC on my HP Jornada 720, I have no problem running the apps from the shell. By the way, I'm running version 3 with the latest runtimes.

When I use the Desktop Version, however, I get the following message when trying to run an app from the shell: "FAIL TO EXECUTE" PocketCv2 cannot recognize the program. Please visit orbworks.com for the latest runtime."

The runtimes that I am using are for the WIN CE. I had difficulty at first finding the right ones to work with Version 3. When installing the Desktop Version, I DID NOT run the provided runtimes, because they are older versions and I did not want to overwrite the files that I am now using that finally work properly.

Anyway, before I go any further I thought I'd ask for some advice.

Thanks for the help.

Miles
mjrdoc@msn.com
mjrdoc

Postby cao on Thu Apr 26, 2001 6:56 pm

The runtime is v2, which cannot recognize the v3 app.
Just download the runtime from orbworks.com/wince for your device.
If it doesnot work, it is my problem.
cao

Postby mjrdoc on Fri Apr 27, 2001 10:55 am

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
The runtime is v2, which cannot recognize the v3 app.
Just download the runtime from orbworks.com/wince for your device.
If it doesnot work, it is my problem.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
mjrdoc

Postby mjrdoc on Fri Apr 27, 2001 11:05 am

Hello CAO,

The runtimes are definitely for 3.0. The problem must lie elseware. Is it possible that my desktop version (Purchased last week) is not the latest one and therefore does not recognize the latest runtimes?

On another topic; when trying to relocate the Help Files on PocketC CE 3.0, the program does not recognize the new path listed in "Preference"->"Documentation".
Can PCHelp.htp be placed on a Storage Card to save precious internal RAM space?

Thanks,
mjrdoc
mjrdoc

Postby cao on Fri Apr 27, 2001 1:17 pm

Maybe you have two different runtime on your device?
Hmm, I will take a look at it after my china trip.
cao

Return to PocketC for CE