Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - GUI and Hi-Res

GUI and Hi-Res

A PocketC native palm library offering native forms and assorted utilities

Postby keithl on Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:25 pm

Hi. I have been out of the PocketC and Palm world for quite some time and alot has changed it seems.

(1) Is there a way to draw and process all of the dynamically created GUI controls in Hi-Res mode in PToolbox? I tried SetScale and am having unusual results.

(2) Also, is there a font setting OR freely distributable font PDB that could be loaded that would give me much smaller fonts in hi-res mode fields and lists (assuming of course that hi-res controls are even possible)?

Keith
keithl

Postby jstadolnik on Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:42 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
(1) Is there a way to draw and process all of the dynamically created GUI controls in Hi-Res mode in PToolbox? I tried SetScale and am having unusual results.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Dynamic objects should work just as before. The object frames will automatically be in hi-res as will be the text.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
(2) Also, is there a font setting OR freely distributable font PDB that could be loaded that would give me much smaller fonts in hi-res mode fields and lists (assuming of course that hi-res controls are even possible)?

Currently only low-res custom fonts are supported.

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Postby keithl on Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:49 am

STILL HAVING PROBLEMS ...

Sorry to bug you again, but I am still unable to get HiRes mode to work with the controls. I must be doing something real stupid. I tried to modify your field_demo.c program to be in Hi-Res mode. I placed SetScale(0) all over the place and just got odd results.

(1) Where in the field_demo would I call SetScale(0) to get this to work?

(2) Also, I have another question. If I do manage to get Hi-res mode to work. In Fields and Lists will the text be smaller so I can fit more text per line or does it stay the same physical size?

I am running a 5.2.1 Palm (Tungsten C), if that matters...

Thanks again,
Keith
keithl

Postby jstadolnik on Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:34 am

Nowhere. :) By default, the forms will draw in high-res mode. SetScale doesn't need to be called (only when explicitly drawing lines, frames, rectangles, etc). If you do call it, make sure it is done before the DRAW Fctl command (it has no effect on the dynamic object commands anyhow). By the way, SetScale doesn't enable or disable high-res drawing, it merely changes the scaling. If you set the scaling mode to 160x160, the OS will multiply all your drawing coordinates by 2 interally to stretch them to fit the actual 320x320 screen. However, changing the scale has no effect on the coordinates when laying down form objects... the OS always treats them if working 160x160 scaling mode (e.g. you can't lay down form objects at position (171,201), instead you have to use (85,100)). This forced 160x160 scaling on form objects is a current limitation of the PalmOS.

(2) Also, I have another question. If I do manage to get Hi-res mode to work. In Fields and Lists will the text be smaller so I can fit more text per line or does it stay the same physical size?

The default high-res fonts take up exactly the same amount of screen space as the low-res fonts do on 160x160 pixel devices.

In order to get smaller fonts on form objects you'd have to import a custom high-res font. Currently, only low-resolution custom fonts are supported by the PToolboxLib (though that should be changing with the official v7.6.2 release).

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Return to Pocket Toolbox