Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - I give Up!!

I give Up!!

Discuss PocketC for CE (including Desktop Edition)

Postby curtis on Thu Nov 27, 2003 9:35 pm

I have been trying for 6 months to open a serial port on my viewsonic PocketPc without success. I have done a hard reset and everything that was suggested. I will look for a different PocketPc Language.
Thanks,
Curtis Desselles
curtis

Postby mcrsnap on Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:12 am

Curtis,

I would have to agree with your sentiment! I recently downloaded
pocketc and have found the participation on this forum woefully lacking. I have posted a couple questions with no response. What is curious though, is that the posted topics got alot of review but no one has offered any advice whatsoever. Not even the authors of the product.

It leaves me wondering what is going on. Is this product dying/dead? The lack of consistent and helpful documentation, lack of participation, lack of certain api's to fully exploit the features of the pocket pc. I know this product and website have been around for a long time. What gives!!!!! Maybe someone will read this and reassure us/me that there is active development going on here.

Mike
mcrsnap

Postby ahkub on Wed Dec 03, 2003 7:58 am

Hi Curtis,
I'm chasing the same issue as you do.
Give me another week or so, then I hope to be able to make serial I/O work using Guy Sprackland's CE API for PocketC. If I fail, I'll probably have a closer look at NS Basic.

Who apparently could help is Johannes Becker, he seems to know quite a lot about this topic. He made a program for serial data interchange for a dive computer.
I still hope for his reply to my post/mail...;)

CU around,
Alf
ahkub

Postby ahkub on Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:03 am

Oh, and by the way:
If you want to see a REAL DEAD forum, visit:
http://www.networkdynamics.co.uk/forum/

It is a very helpful resource for using Guy Sprackland's CE API for PocketC, but unfortunately it's also VERY VERY dead.

Regards,
Alf
ahkub

Postby wolfgang on Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:29 am

Sad to say, but the WindowsCE / PocketPC version of PocketC is indeed dead. Kevin Cao (the author) gave up on it almost 2 years ago (not that his level of update / support has ever been breathtakingly high :-) Don't expect ANY new development here, which is a shame because the language had potential. I whish they would port Orbforms to WindowsCE, this seems like a powerful product to me.

I keep browsing this board every now and then, but more for sentimental reasons :-)

Wolfgang

Composing music on the PocketPC! - http://www.pdamusician.com
Composing music on the PocketPC! - http://www.pdamusician.com
wolfgang

Postby mcrsnap on Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:16 pm

Wolfgang,

Thanks for the update, it needed to be clarified. I have checked your website from time to time. And yes I'm looking for road coding capabilities. Just never know when you have the time to code.

Thanks again for your response.
mcrsnap

Postby goodey on Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:20 am

I used to use PocketC but stoped because of the support was nill. I started using Python which is much richer.
The main site is at:
http://www.python.org
The CE version can be downloaded at:
http://debris.demon.nl/PythonCE-2.3

P.S. If you go for python make sure to sign up for the mailing list at:
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/tutor
And to the PythonCE specific list at:
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/tutor

Good Luck
Isr Gish

Israel Vish
Israel Vish
goodey

Postby jterosky on Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:29 pm

I wrote this a while ago, but just verified it with Hyperterminal running on my PC. Listens for serial activity and displays in the console.

#include "\\PocketC\\pcheader.h"

#define BTN_exit_ID 602

#define false 0
#define true 1

#define version 1.0

setup()
{
int r, g, b;

r=0; g=0; b=200; // Blue Background
clearg();
setbrushattr(r,g,b);
rect(0,0,screenx(),screeny());

clear(); // clears the console

title("Serial Receiver");
about("\r\nSerial Command Receiver32\r\n\r\nJason Terosky\r\n\r\n"+ (char)169 + " 2001\r\nversion: "+version);

settimer(1,20);
}

main()
{
int trigger,quitnow,gui_msg;
int i;
int serial_port;
string input,output,data;
string char1,temp;
char commdata;
int EOS, NULL;

// Initialize variables
commdata="";
data="";
EOS=0x0D; // End-of-Send
NULL=0x00;

// Setup the display.
setup();
createctrl("BUTTON","EXIT",WS_BORDER|WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE|BS_PUSHBUTTON,0,15,10,210,15,BTN_exit_ID);
showconsole();

quitnow=false; /* initialize to not quit */

/* Open the serial port */
serial_port=seropen(9600,"8N1N",1000);
if (serial_port!=0)
{
commsetmask(serial_port,EV_RXCHAR); // serial port will trigger an event when a character is received
putsl("Seropen returned: "+serial_port);
putsl("Successful serial port initialization returns a non zero integer.");
}
else
{
alert("Serial port initialization failed. "+serial_port);
fileclose(serial_port);
quitnow=true;
}

while(quitnow==false)
{
commwait(serial_port,0);
trigger=event(1);
sleep(0);

switch(trigger)
{
case PM_COMMEVENT: // serial port interupt

do
{
commdata=readbyte(serial_port);

if(commdata==EOS)
{
putsl(data);
data="";
}

if((commdata!=NULL) && (commdata!=EOS))
{
// putsl(commdata);
data=data+commdata;
}
} while(commdata!=NULL) // end-while
break; //end pm_commevent

case PM_COMMAND:
gui_msg=guiid(); // Retrieve GUI control producing message.
if((gui_msg>601) && (gui_msg<603))
{
switch (gui_msg)
{
case BTN_exit_ID: // Exit
quitnow=true;
break;
}
} // end-if

break; //end pm_command

case PM_NONE:
break; //end pm_none

case PM_TIMER:
break; //end pm_timer

} // end switch

} // end while

fileclose(serial_port);
killtimer(1);
quit();

} //end main
jterosky

Postby jterosky on Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:35 pm

Similar to the Commget, but this is Commsend. It sends a serial message to a listener (I used hyperterminal to verify operation). I took Commget and Commsend and created a serial communicator to issue and receive information from some RF equipment, but I thought the two components would be a better tool for you to look at. I just verified the operation of both modules. I have a Casio E200 and I was communicating to Hyperterminal which was running on a PC with WindowsXP. I had some issue with commget, but it turned out to be a PC setting. I had to reduce the transmit buffer of the COM port of my PC. It worked fine then.

#include "\\PocketC\\pcheader.h"

#define ED_send_ID 600
#define ED_rec_ID 601
#define BTN_exit_ID 602
#define BTN_clear_ID 603
#define BTN_send_ID 604
#define ST_send_ID 901
#define ST_rec_ID 902

#define false 0
#define true 1

#define version 1.0

setup()
{
int r, g, b;

r=0; g=0; b=200; // Blue Background
clearg();
setbrushattr(r,g,b);
rect(0,0,screenx(),screeny());

title("Serial Sender");
about("\r\nSerial Command Sender\r\n\r\nJason Terosky\r\n\r\n"+ (char)169 + " 2001\r\nversion: "+version);
}

main()
{
int trigger,quitnow,gui_msg;
int i;
int serial_port;
string input,output,data;
string char1,temp;
char commdata;
int EOS, LF;

// Initialize variables
commdata=" ";
data=" ";
EOS=0x0D; // End-of-Send
LF=0x0A; // line feed

// Setup the display.
setup();
createctrl("EDIT","",WS_BORDER|WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE|BS_RIGHT,0,15,50,135,20,ED_send_ID);
createctrl("BUTTON","Send",WS_BORDER|WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE|BS_PUSHBUTTON,0,15,80,210,20,BTN_send_ID);
createctrl("BUTTON","Clear",WS_BORDER|WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE|BS_PUSHBUTTON,0,160,50,60,20,BTN_clear_ID);
createctrl("BUTTON","Send Message",WS_VISIBLE|WS_CHILD|BS_GROUPBOX,0,10,30,220,80,ST_send_ID);
createctrl("BUTTON","EXIT",WS_BORDER|WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE|BS_PUSHBUTTON,0,15,10,210,15,BTN_exit_ID);

guisetfocus(ED_send_ID); /* set send input window as focus */
quitnow=false; /* initialize to not quit */

/* Open the serial port */
serial_port=seropen(9600,"8N1N",5);
if (serial_port!=0)
{
commsetmask(serial_port,EV_RXCHAR); // serial port will trigger an event when a character is received

putsl("Seropen returned: "+serial_port);
putsl("Successful serial port initialization returns a non zero integer.");
}
else
{
alert("Serial port initialization failed. "+serial_port);
fileclose(serial_port);
quitnow=true;
}

while(quitnow==false)
{
trigger=event(1);