Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - BuildPRC with Palm m515

BuildPRC with Palm m515

Discuss PocketC for Palm OS (including Desktop Edition)

Postby ekatz on Wed Apr 10, 2002 1:03 pm

I can build and run applets in PocketC (Registered Version 4.3.0)
I build an app using BuildPRC (downloaded today [April 10, 2002] from your website) and upload it to my Palm (m515)
The Icon for the application appears on my screen, but when I tap it, I get an error message "Error loading applet ..."
It happens no matter what code I use, but I can reproduce it with the following program (It doesn't get much simpler than this :-) )

//test.c
main(){
string b;
b="Test";
alert(b);
}

Build PRC parameters:
Source: c:\Palm\ekatz\backup\test_c.pdb
Output: c:\Palm\Add-on\TestTest.prc
SmIcon: c:\Palm\Add-on\dev\PocketC430\tri-small.bmp
LgIcon: c:\Palm\Add-on\dev\PocketC430\tri-large.bmp
Name: TestApplication
Version 1.0
Creator: NeXt

Is there some problem with BuildPRC and the Palm m515?

Thanks,
Elliot Katz
ekatz

Postby SyPDA on Thu Apr 11, 2002 1:44 pm

If your applet's name is

// Test.c

then use the BuildPRC parameter

Name: Test

They should be identical.
SyPDA

Postby Dave F on Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:04 pm

I'm having the same problem. I tried BuildPRC for the first time today. BuildPRC generates the .PRC file fine. I download the .PRC and the .PDB files back to my "trusty old" Palm VIIx. When I try to run the PRC, I get nothing but the "Error loading applet..." message.

The PocketC source fileI have used is titled //MyApp.c, the .PDB is title MyApp_c.PDB which I used as the source. Therefore my inputs to BuildPRC were:

Source: MyApp_c.PDB
Output: MyApp.PRC
Name: MyApp

BuildPRC generates the PRC,
But.....it doesn't work
Dave F

Postby dewey on Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:03 am

Name needs to be the EXACT name you specified in the memo. For the first case, that would be "test.c" rather than Test or TestApplication. In the second case, it would probably be MyApp.c (I am guessing based on the .pdb name)
dewey
Site Admin

Return to PocketC for Palm OS