Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - PToolboxLib v7.6.2beta

PToolboxLib v7.6.2beta

Discuss PocketC for Palm OS (including Desktop Edition)

Postby jstadolnik on Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:49 am

I've just cut a beta with fixes to the compatability issues introduced with PocketC 6.5.x, notably the crashes when using some functions like Array, DBgetrec, etc.. See the link below for the download.

http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PT ... _beta.html

Note: This release contains no documentation or plugins (just the .prc). I haven't tested all the compatability updates, but they should work. Should things prove well, I'll cut the official v7.6.2 in a few days.

If you have any problems with it do let me know.

Here are some of the features in this release...
* Custom Button() frame styles now work for OS5
* Two built-in resource forms: one blank (no titlebar)(form ID=2990), the other having 4 scrollbars & a GSI (form ID=2991). Use the Fctl LOAD command to get them up. Note: The scrollbar IDs are listed in form 2991's title. Hide (Fctl HIDE) or move (Fmoveobj) the scrollbars as needed. Use FsetText(0) to change the title text.
* Other stuff and bugfixes yet to be documented...

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Postby cable_guy_67 on Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:52 pm

I am using the following functions:

SetDepth, ClearBuf, OpenBmpDb, FastBmp, SetFore, SetBack, NoKeyEvents, CheckKey, GetPref and Array.

After the latest version of PocketC the previously compiled prc would crash violently. With the beta the old compile ran as well as a new compile.

Thanks Joe.

Mark
cable_guy_67

Postby jstadolnik on Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:42 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
After the latest version of PocketC the previously compiled prc would crash violently. With the beta the old compile ran as well as a new compile.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I'm a little puzzled by the wording above. Is the PToolbox beta working for you with PocketC v6.5.x or not?

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
jstadolnik

Postby cable_guy_67 on Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:30 am

Sorry 'bout the puzzledness, I have been working odd hours for the last week. When PocketC went to 6.5.0 an app that depended on the runtime using the Array function, ( It actually used most of the list but Array seemed to be the culprit) the app would crash violently. This was using PtoolBox 7.6.1 (originally dependent on 7.5.3). When I loaded the new PtoolBox beta on pose the app (compiled under PocketC 6.1.0) ran fine. I recompiled the app with the new pocketC (6.5.1) and it also runs fine. Just some feedback for your beta version.

Mark
cable_guy_67

Postby jstadolnik on Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:01 pm

Thanks, I'm glad to hear that it's working. I tend to code myself in to the wee hours, and find that usually when I make post past 1 in morning that I usually end up editing the heck out of them in the morning due to the multitude of typos. :)

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
jstadolnik

Postby Alan Jones on Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:28 am

Any news on when the official version 7.6.2 will be released?
Alan Jones

Postby jstadolnik on Sat Apr 17, 2004 4:21 pm

I don't know. I haven't had time to work on it for a while, and I don't see my schedule opening up much in the near term. So maybe a month or two.

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
jstadolnik

Return to PocketC for Palm OS