Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - HanDBase error but already installed

HanDBase error but already installed

A PocketC native palm library offering native forms and assorted utilities

Postby RunningUtes on Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:25 pm

I'm getting an error using the database_demo.c file. I already have handbase installed (v2.75e) but am getting the error that HanDBase <i>isn't</i> installed. I also have a real bare bones program that errors.
Code: Select all
//HanDB
library "PToolboxLib"

DBopen("Quotes");     //this DB already exists
alert(DBinfo(2) + " records"); //should show record numbers

Instead I am getting an error <b>File:HanDB Line:3 type expected</b> From what I have read, DBopen only requires a string with the database name. Any ideas?
RunningUtes

Postby jstadolnik on Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:33 pm

Only HanDBase v3.0 and above is supported. Handbase v2.x and v3.0 have different creator IDs. The error you are getting is because the PToolboxLib can't find a v3.0 installation.

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Postby RunningUtes on Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:52 pm

ok thanks. The documentation still refers to handbase v2.75e as the version that is supported, and searchs on the forum tell the story that there are problems with v3 handbase support. Do you have any plugins for the old 2.75e handbase still available. I prefer v2.75e over v3.0 because of the really small memory footprint.
RunningUtes

Postby jstadolnik on Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:43 pm

Sorry, I no longer support HanDBase v2.7x. I do have some older plug-ins kicking around, however they don't work with PocketC v6.5 due to recent PocketC native library interface changes, plus there have been other PToolbox database bugfixes since the HanDBase v3.0 conversion... so the old plug-ins are pretty much useless.

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
jstadolnik

Postby RunningUtes on Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:10 pm

how about Plug#2 (DBPlug) v7.4.0 to 7.5.1? Even if you have an old copy of PToolbox v7.4.0 to 7.5.1 lying around I could just copy out the plugin and rename it in my current PToolbox version. I assume that you are still using the same general set of commands (DBcreate, DBgetfield, DBgetrec, DBinfo, DBmoverec, DBopen, DBrm, DBsetrec).
RunningUtes

Postby jstadolnik on Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:39 pm

Sure I can give it you, but keep in mind I won't be supporting it, nor will it work with PocketC v6.5.x. Send me an email if want it.

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
jstadolnik

Return to Pocket Toolbox