Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Problem with slowly

Problem with slowly

Discuss PocketC for CE (including Desktop Edition)

Postby pix on Sun May 23, 2004 7:07 pm

Please, sorry my english, because I am from Czech Republic...

I downloaded PocketC (3.01) and I "programmed" easy fill screen:

<i>#pragma PKPCFULLSCREEN
main()
{
int x,y;
setpixelattr(0,0,0);
for (y=0;y<320;y++)
for (x=0;x=240;x++)
setpixel(x,y);
}</i>

Why is it very slow?? VERY SLOW!!
pix

Postby daparty on Wed May 26, 2004 10:04 pm

I keyed in your program and ran it on my PDA and it took 55 seconds to run. Is that faster or slower than it takes you. I'm running PocketC 2.0. I assume that the line "for (x=0;x=240;x++)" should be "for (x=0;x<240;x++)". I'm using a HP Jornada 547 with a 133 mhz SH3 processor.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by pix</i>
<br />Please, sorry my english, because I am from Czech Republic...

I downloaded PocketC (3.01) and I "programmed" easy fill screen:

<i>#pragma PKPCFULLSCREEN
main()
{
int x,y;
setpixelattr(0,0,0);
for (y=0;y<320;y++)
for (x=0;x=240;x++)
setpixel(x,y);
}</i>

Why is it very slow?? VERY SLOW!!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
daparty

Postby wolfgang on Mon May 31, 2004 4:55 am

Hi,

don't bother using PocketC V3. It's slow (both compiler as well as the code it generates), has a lot of fatal bugs, shortly it is unusable. If you want to learn more about what is wrong with it, just browse the web board. And it is now officially UNSUPPORTED by the author, so don't expect things to get better. (It has been unofficially unsupported for three years now).

There are attractive alternatives:

Microsoft's Embedded Visual Basic (free download)
NS Basic (similar in price and functionality to PocketC)

and a few others, all of which are supported and thus a much better bet.

Sorry for the bad news

Wolfgang

Composing music on the PocketPC! - http://www.pdamusician.com
Composing music on the PocketPC! - http://www.pdamusician.com
wolfgang

Postby ianf on Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:56 am

I agree with Wolfgang, use something else. I recently took down all my PocketC resources as there's no point anymore.

If you want to write games for PocketPC you really must use C++. Please believe me on this. Just bite the bullet & get on with learning. If you use one of the game toolkits like PocketFrog ( see wwww.pocketmatrix.com forums ) you will get on a lot quicker as the tools are great and the support is also super.

ps: Hello Wolfgang, still hanging out here then. Hope all is well.
ianf

Postby ajones on Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:47 pm

It's really too bad as PocketC was the only game in town if you wanted to develop on the device itself.

I have very fond memories of PocketC. Interestingly enough people still use the apps I wrote. I get regular emails and still lots of downloads. Sometimes I even think of continuing development (esp. Rover since I never really finished it). Then I get a grip on how many projects I have right now...

PS - Hi Ian and Wolfegang. This really is a blast from the past. I really don't even know why I swung by here. Hope all is well, Tony (In Seattle now - more or less for good:()

Tony Jones - http://www.OnHiatus.com
PcketC Apps: Pike, Launch Pad, ACT2, More...
Tony Jones - http://www.OnHiatus.com
PcketC Apps: Pike, Launch Pad, ACT2, More...
ajones

Return to PocketC for CE