Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - BMP/GIF/whatever to PDB converter

BMP/GIF/whatever to PDB converter

Discuss PocketC for Palm OS (including Desktop Edition)

Postby jstadolnik on Thu Mar 07, 2002 2:19 am

Also, as far as I know, PilRC only can handle .bmp files.

joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Postby delta on Thu Mar 07, 2002 2:54 am

then i shall save the .gif file as bmp.
delta

Postby delta on Thu Mar 07, 2002 11:50 am

i writen the line in .rcp file to convert bitmap:

BITMAP ID 1 "bitmap.bmp" COMPRESS

what number should i use for the ID?
delta

Postby jstadolnik on Thu Mar 07, 2002 8:46 pm

Read the bitmap section in the PToolbox docs. Especially the header part, and the OpenBmpDb function.

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
jstadolnik

Postby delta on Fri Mar 08, 2002 12:57 am

"If the application is a stand-alone type, the creator ID of the database will be the same as the application, otherwise the creator ID will be 'PktC'."

since the program will be execute inside PocketC then the ID will be:
BITMAP ID 'PktC' "bitmap.bmp" COMPRESS

now, in Dos i go to the PilRC directory and type the command "PilRC myfile.rcp" but get the "Bad command or filename" error.

i stored the myfile.rcp and .bmp inside the PilRC folder but the seems like PilRC is missing...noticed that there is no PilRC program inside the folder but there are lots of .c files and other stuff.
delta

Postby jstadolnik on Fri Mar 08, 2002 2:20 am

Dude, creator ID's and bitmap ID's are NOT the same thing. I would suggest reading up on all the bitmap functions.

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
jstadolnik

Postby WauloK on Fri Mar 08, 2002 2:22 am

Methinks someone downloaded:
Download Now: .zip (sources)

SOURCES!!!!!!

Try the (Win32) zip file..

Funky groovy PocketC support site.
http://pocketc.bangrocks.com/
If you love PocketC, you'll love this!
Join and become part of the community!
News, reviews, free source code and more!
Iron Filings v2.0 released.
Download a demo version at http://www.palmgear.com
Made with PocketC!
WauloK

Postby delta on Fri Mar 08, 2002 3:03 am

jstadolnik:
I had read all the docs abt bitmap and the PiLRC docs shows the example with the ID number 1 for Bitmap
when i read PToolbox bitmap docs, it says "If the application is a stand-alone type, the creator ID of the database will be the same as the application, otherwise the creator ID will be 'PktC'."
Now, the bitmap will be opened using "OpenBmpDb" in my program. and my program will be running inside the palm using PocketC.

WauloK:
still cannot.
delta

Postby jstadolnik on Fri Mar 08, 2002 3:55 am

Just because they both use the term "ID" doesn't mean that they refer to the same thing. The term ID actually has at least 3 seperate uses with regards to PalmOS development.

The creator ID and a resource ID are two totally different things.

http://dev.palmos.com/creatorid/

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
jstadolnik

Postby delta on Fri Mar 08, 2002 4:21 am

just a simple question:

when you are writing the line in the .rcp file: "BITMAP ID 1 "bitmap.bmp" COMPRESS" (for the "test_bitmap")

what ID number did u use? is it 1, 'PktC' or other numbers?

by the way, in Dos using the command "PilRC myfile.rcp" does not work.
delta

Postby delta on Fri Mar 08, 2002 4:42 am

i am refering to the ID <BitmapResourceId.n> in:

BITMAP [<ResType.s>] ID <BitmapResourceId.n>
[LOCALE <LocaleName.s>] <BitmapFileName.s>
[NOCOMPRESS] [COMPRESS] [FORCECOMPRESS]
delta

Postby delta on Fri Mar 08, 2002 4:49 am

i should say, the ID <BitmapResourceId.n>.
delta

Postby delta on Fri Mar 08, 2002 4:51 am

sorry abt the previous 2 post, coz it can't copy and paste well.

i should say the BitmapResourceId number.
delta

Postby WauloK on Fri Mar 08, 2002 8:00 am

Your BMP ID will be >3000 for best results.
Your CREATOR ID will be "PktC" for bmp resource databases created BY PocketC.
BMP ID is a NUMBER.
Resource Database ID is a four character Identification which is registered with Palm to identify who created the program.

If you love PocketC, you'll love this!
Join and become part of the community!
News, reviews, free source code and more!
Iron Filings v2.0 released.
Download a demo version at http://www.palmgear.com
Made with PocketC!
WauloK

Postby delta on Fri Mar 08, 2002 8:36 am

so i shall put the BitmapResourceId number >3000.

"BITMAP ID 3100 "bitmap.bmp" COMPRESS" will be the line in the .rcp file

how abt the command in Dos "PilRC myfile.rcp", were you able to run it?

i had downloaded both the sources and win32 versions of the PilRC.zip
delta

PreviousNext

Return to PocketC for Palm OS