Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:112)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:112)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:112)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:112)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Database backup onto Memory Stick

Database backup onto Memory Stick

Discuss PocketC for Palm OS (including Desktop Edition)

Postby Pire on Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:52 pm

I have about 20 PDAs that are used for recording responses to interview questions into a HanDBase database. I want to write a program that makes a backup copy of the HanDBase database onto a Memory Stick and then move the MS to the next PDA where a backup copy of that HanDBase database is then made. At this point, I don't want to merge the data into a master database--each backup needs to be unique, although the database structure on each PDA is the same. I don't care what format the backup is in as long as a) the original HanDBase database is untouched. and b) the backup is readable and safely on the Memory Stick. (In fact, I see significant advantages to the backup having a format other than HanDBase.) Using the Pocket Toolbox Library, I have already written a program in PocketC to read the HanDBase database and write the records to a DB database, but I can't figure out how to do it onto a Memory Stick.

Bottom line: How do I create a database on the Memory Stick and write records to it?

Equipment: Sony Cli?ɬ© SJ22
Software: HanDBase 3

Thanks,
Tim
Pire

Postby dewey on Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:43 am

PocketC has a set of VFS functions that make this easy.
volexport() will copy a database to a card, and volimport() will do the reverse. See the VFS functions in the documentation for details on how these work.
dewey
Site Admin

Return to PocketC for Palm OS