Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Initializing Lists

Initializing Lists

A PocketC native palm library offering native forms and assorted utilities

Postby kilivor on Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:01 pm

I have just been playing with PocketC and PToolbox for a few days, so I don't know if I am missing something, but I think the following is a bit strange...

In <b>button_demo.c</b> try to move the definition line of <i>numbers[7]</i> before main function. You will see that the top-left list is not initialized.

So instead of...

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
#define BUTTON15 4001

main() {
int e,i,pos;
string numbers[7] = {"1","2","5","10","20","50","100"};
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Try

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
#define BUTTON15 4001

main() {
int e,i,pos;

Then, try to move the integers' definitions before <i>numbers[7]</i>... It will work again.

#define BUTTON15 4001

int e,i,pos;

main() {

Regards,

-- Daniel Cardenas
kilivor

Postby jstadolnik on Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:35 am

First make sure that you are using v7.6.2beta9 of the library. See link:
http://pocketc.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPI ... erms=7.6.2

Failing that, this is likely a bug in PocketC itself and would suggest sending Jeremy (dewey@orbworks.com) your testcase.

-Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Postby kilivor on Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:18 pm

Hi Joe.

I installed the beta, and I still get the same results.

So I will contact Jeremy...

Thanks.

-- Daniel Cardenas
kilivor

Postby jstadolnik on Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:53 pm

My guess would be that when the array is the very first global variable defined, that it is getting pointer with value 0. Well, in standard C practice, a pointer with a 0 (NULL) value points to no data. The FaddList() function checks to see if the input array is non-zero. If it gets an array pointer with a value of zero it aborts and the list is not updated.

So basically, the compiler should really be ensuring that the first global variable address is non-zero to prevent properly written C-code from misbehaving.

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Return to Pocket Toolbox