Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - DB's cat names

DB's cat names

Discuss PocketC for Palm OS (including Desktop Edition)

Postby awilpert on Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:41 am

Hi everybody,

I am new here and just started to code in PocketC.

I have written a small program that deletes all entries in a certain DB category. It is very handy, for instance, when you have 200 memos that you do not need anymore.The problem is that I do not know how I could delete the category itself. There is apparently no function in PocketC to do that. Is there another way? Or do I have to code it natively and let PocketC call the new function?

Thanks for your help and attention,

Alexis
awilpert

Postby dewey on Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:52 am

Deleting a category involves removing the category from the database's app info. You can use dbgetappinfo() to retrieve the app info, at which point you will need to modify it and then call dbsetappinfo(). The app info is defined by the application, but it begins with:

typedef struct {
UInt16 renamedCategories;
Char categoryLabels[16][16];
UInt8 categoryUniqIDs[16];
UInt8 lastUniqID;
UInt8 padding;
} AppInfoType;

See http://www.palmos.com/dev/support/docs/ ... ormat.html for full explanation.
dewey
Site Admin

Postby awilpert on Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:37 am

Thanks for the information.

I know now that I will have to call an external function to delete a database's category.

Regards,

Alexis
awilpert

Postby dewey on Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:07 pm

Perhaps you misunderstood, but this can be done in PocketC. In fact, it will be easier to just do it in PocketC, because there is no OS function for doing this! Your external function would need to modify the app info block in the exact same way that your PocketC function would need to.
dewey
Site Admin

Postby awilpert on Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:44 pm

Hi,

sorry for responding so late... Yes, you are right, I misunderstood you, for I did not realize that dbgetappinfo() IS indeed a PocketC function. I had been checking the documentation, but somehow I managed to miss the function.

Thanks again for your help and advice. Now I like PocketC even more :-)

Alexis
awilpert

Return to PocketC for Palm OS