Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Application intermittently crashes

Application intermittently crashes

Discuss topics that apply across the products, such as the PocketC language, or development in general

Postby johncraw on Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:18 am

I think I have blown it, literally! When I start my app on the Emulator, it sometimes works fine. Then when I go to one particular screen SOMETIMES I get the following error
========================================
WWProj(1.0) just read from memory location 0x1EFFFF60, causing a bus error
A "bus error means that the application accessed a memory location that is not in RAM or ROM, nor corresponds to a memory-mapped hardware register.
========================================
Now I know that I must be corrupting something. The problem is finding out where.
The closest, in the app., that I can find out where it is happening is between the ONopen, and ONdraw handlers. If I put an alert as the last line in the ONOpen, and an alert as the first line in the ONDraw, I see the one and not the other.

If I run the app on the device (Zire 31) All I get is a Fatal Error notification.

Any guidance, direction, would be greatly appreciated.
John Crawford
johncraw

Postby dewey on Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:39 pm

Have you tried running it using the debug runtime? It has a lot of extra checks that will warn you about errors. If it runs fine on the debug runtime, it is probably a bug in the runtime - send me your app and source (dewey@orbworks).
dewey
Site Admin

Postby johncraw on Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:09 pm

Dewey:
It seems to run exactly the same in debug or not. I do not get any additional information. I will send you the code. I do not know what, if anything, you can do. But thanks for anything you can do.
John
johncraw

Postby johncraw on Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:13 pm

Dewey:
Don't waste your time looking for the problem. I found it. Yesterday I noticed the same problem on another screen, after I had made a couple of changes to the form, and code.
I saw that someone else had had a fatal error (no other information), and your response was that the Y location was set to -1, and that the problem was intermittent, and would be corrected in the next release. I checked, and both of the failing forms were -1. I have tried to make it fail, and so far it works.
My main problem is that with the new release the forms do not show all controls, so it becomes a hit and miss process to target the correct control. I will now look out for the problem.
John
johncraw

Return to General Discussion