Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - How to print a table or form to a printer

How to print a table or form to a printer

Discuss PocketC for Palm OS (including Desktop Edition)

Postby sqnewton on Fri May 13, 2005 5:31 am

Hello all, does anybody know how can I print a table or form to a BlueTooth printer? I want to print tickets with certain look and appearance (like done with Word or so). Thx!!
sqnewton

Postby mgreen on Fri May 13, 2005 10:57 am

You will have to use one of the printing packages available that has an interface to PocketC. PToolboxLib has an interface to PalmPrint (by Stevens Creek Software). If you look in the contributed software library for Palm Pascal (<www.ppcompiler.org>), you will find PocketC native libraries for TealPrint (by TealPoint Software) and BTPrint (by IS/Complete). All of these will print to a variety of printers and support text printing. TealPrint and BTPrint provide more options for formatting, but are more complicated to use. They do support graphics so you can make your output look pretty.

I regularly print invoices and other information to pre-printed forms using PalmPrint (via IrDA, but I've use Bluetooth) and a fixed width font. I made up a simple program to print out a page of digits ("1234567890" repeated) on my forms, then wrote down the line and column numbers where I wanted items to appear. In my printing program, I have an array of strings, one for each line on the page and filled them with blanks to the width of the page, then filled in the "columns" with information to be printed. Once the page was laid out, I could print the "lines" with PalmPrint. If your printer has the characters to do so, you could make simple boxes and lines like the old pre-Windows text-only software would do.
-----
Michael Green
mgreen

Postby sqnewton on Sat May 14, 2005 2:48 pm

Thx MGreen!!!
sqnewton

Return to PocketC for Palm OS