Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Transparent Icons

Transparent Icons

Discuss PocketC for Palm OS (including Desktop Edition)

Postby davido on Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:22 pm

I am having trouble creating transparent icons.

I am using the licon8.bmp that came with PDE and have modified the icon with my app's icon. I have left the background as 255,128,255. The problem is that on my Zodiac and on my PalmOS Emulator, I see the pink background.

I have used Adobe Photoshop, Imageready and MS Paint to set the transparent pixels to 255,128,255 but cannot get the background to become transparent. The strange thing is that if I embed the PDE licon8.bmp in my app, the icon shows up correctly.

Does anyone use Photoshop to create transparent icons? If so, have you encountered this problem?

Thanks,

David
davido

Postby davido on Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:37 pm

Never mind. It appears that Photoshop, ImageReady and MS Paint was changing the 255,128,255 color to 255,132,255 when I saved the image. I am using Corel PhotoPaint and have successfully saved the icon with the correct transparent pixels.

David
davido

Postby fabian1131 on Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:51 pm

maybe you just saved it not under 24bit image?

++ Vielen Dank dass Sie meinen Post lesen++
++ Thank you for reading my post ++
++ Merci beaucoup pour lire ma poste ++
++ Grazie per lettura del mio messaggio ++
++ Vielen Dank dass Sie meinen Post lesen++
++ Thank you for reading my post ++
++ Merci beaucoup pour lire ma poste ++
++ Grazie per lettura del mio messaggio ++
fabian1131

Return to PocketC for Palm OS