Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - CustomBuf() problem

CustomBuf() problem

A PocketC native palm library offering native forms and assorted utilities

Postby Mikael on Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:13 am

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the docs, but I'm trying to allocate memory for a 320x160 buffer for a background bmp of the same dimensions, the idea being to get the screen to scroll left or right once a sprite reaches the screen boundry.

I've tried a little test with the following:

SetDepth(8);
ClearBuf();
Fctl(LOAD,GuilinForm);
Fctl(DRAW,GuilinForm);

for(i=0; i<100; i++){
CustomBuf(1,320,160);//create custom draw buffer
ClearBuf();
FastBmp(0,0,Guilin);//put background in buffer 1
FastBmp(xPos, yPos,Square);//sprite
CustomBuf(0,320,160);//create custom display buffer
CopyBuf(0,1);//copy background to buf 0
sleep(10);
xPos=xPos+2;//move the sprite to the right
}
wait();
FreeBuf(0);
FreeBuf(1);
exit();
}

with varying results. I have my pilrc form set to 320x160 - not sure if it should be. If I attempt to run it on the simulator, I receive an alert saying, 'PToolboxLib.cpp, line 474, memory alloc failure.' and an alert on the Emulator saying, 'No form to return to.' when I exit. The strange thing is I don't get these alerts when I run the app with SetDrawBuf instead of CustomBuf. I've also tried reducing the bmp, form and custom buffers to 160x160 and get a strange blinking, on screen - again this doesn't happen when I substitute SetDrawBuf for CustomBuf.

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Mikael

p.s. Is it even possible to get the screen to scroll, or would I have to stick to 160x160 and switch forms to display a new bmp?
Mikael

Postby jstadolnik on Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:29 am

The problem likely is that the screen buffer (#0 is 160 by 160 pixels), as such when you do CopyBuf(0,1) things go haywire. The buffer sizes have to match when using CopyBuf()(they may even have to full screen sized, I don't recall off the top of my head). Use CopyRect() instead to deal with copying data from differently sized buffers.

PocketC has built-in buffer functions now too, if you don't need to do rotations or zooming (as can be done with CopyRect(), you might consider using them).

-Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Postby Mikael on Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:07 am

Thanks Joe,

That did the trick!

Mikael
Mikael

Return to Pocket Toolbox