Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - SetSysPref() problem

SetSysPref() problem

A PocketC native palm library offering native forms and assorted utilities

Postby pradip on Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:04 am

Hello all.:)
I have a problem with SetSysPref() when i wish to change system preferences. For example, i want to change the sound volume from Off to High. Here is my code:

int a;
a=gets("Sound volume?"); //i enter 64
SetSysPref(30,a); //set to High

When i check on System Preferences, the sound volume changed from Off to High. But the sound is remain silent. The change i made wont take effeck until system restart. What's wrong:?:
pradip

Postby jstadolnik on Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:22 am

This is one of the confusing things about the PalmOS.

Changing a volume prefence setting does not alter the current volume level. The OS checks the preference setting when a soft reset occurs or when the level in changed in the preferences panel. At these times it will then change the current volume level.

There's no way to actually change the current volume setting in PocketC. In fact, there's no way to do it legally in OS5.x.

-Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Postby pradip on Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:23 am

What about any other preferens, are they can be changed with Pocket C/PToolbox? Because it's seems some preferences can't be changed too.:(
pradip

Postby jstadolnik on Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:30 am

You can set any preference available in the PalmOS with SetSysPref(), however some may not take effect immediately.

Beyond the system sound settings, I have little idea to when the OS actually reads any these prefences and changes the OS's behavior accordingly. I know a soft reset will always cause the OS to read the preference settings.

All I did was to provide access to the PrefSetPreference() and PrefGetPreference() PalmOS API calls. See the PalmOS Reference Manual and Companion Guide for more details on these routines (http://www.palmos.com/dev/support/docs/palmos/)

-Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Postby pradip on Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:25 am

Many thanks for the info :)
pradip

Return to Pocket Toolbox