Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - *.wav - File support

*.wav - File support

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Postby fabian1131 on Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:49 pm

Will there be an update with the *.wav - file support so that one can include .wav files into an app. That would be sooo great! An other thing would be the automatic saving in fields.
Thank you!
++ Vielen Dank dass Sie meinen Post lesen++
++ Thank you for reading my post ++
++ Merci beaucoup pour lire ma poste ++
++ Grazie per lettura del mio messaggio ++
fabian1131

Postby dewey on Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:41 am

WAV files are on the list of things to do. What do you mean by "automatic saving in fields"?
dewey
Site Admin

Postby fabian1131 on Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:40 am

Thats great! I am looking foreward to this.
With automatic saving i meant that the string which is entered into a field will be saved internally and will be displayed again in the same field when you run the application the next time (without the use of a DB).
Thanks Fabian8)
fabian1131

Postby mlambrigger on Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:55 am

Why did you want to this automatically.

You can do that with the application preference "database". Look at the manual.

Marc Lambrigger
Marc Lambrigger
mlambrigger

Postby Gazza on Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:44 am

How about MP3 support instead of Wav support, as everyone knows, Wave files are too big. Sure Wave files are better quality, but were taking whiskers!
Gazza

Postby fabian1131 on Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:15 pm

:D Gazza, do you want to develop a new mp3 player? 8)
Yeah, mp3 support would be great! Is there actually a estimated release date for the new version?
fabian1131

Postby mlambrigger on Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:35 pm

At my opinion, it is more important to have wav file support. As you know, mp3 is just a compression algorithm for wav files.

So with support of wav files, you can uncompress mp3 and play them as a wav file. Combinating sound files support and compression capability. It is as jpeg images.

About this subject, have anyone an algorithm of jpeg compress/uncompress description or jpeg2000??

Marc Lambrigger
Marc Lambrigger
mlambrigger

Postby Gazza on Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:24 pm

A 6-minute song in Wave Format @44.1khz (CD Quality) is 70MB, compared to 5MB MP3. Thats more than twice the Memory in my Tungsten|E. I agree that it is just a algorithm, but if you were to add Wave Files to your Project, it is going to be rather large. 6-minutes may be a little extreme, but how cool would it be to have (Real Original Music) in Games.

Fabian:

Writing an MP3 would need a conduit, and I spent too many hours on that one trying to get it work, and in the end it still never worked properly. If I had the time I would probably have a bash.
Gazza

Postby mlambrigger on Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:55 am

Your right, but you can dynamicaly uncompress during the play. And if I am not in error, mp3 base information, when played, is wav.

Marc Lambrigger
Marc Lambrigger
mlambrigger

Postby nmc on Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:23 am

Gazza, why do you think using mp3 would need a conduit?
You can simply upload the mp3 files to be played with the standard tools (instApp, quickInstall etc.) to the card inserted into your device and then play the files with your app directly from the card (if the card is fast enough).
What you will need is a native plugin for decoding the stream, since orbforms code wont be fast enough for doing this.
nmc

Postby Gazza on Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:41 pm

Cheers nmc,

I didn't know you could just install it with the Quick Launch.

I am not too hot @ native code . Something I intend to learn in the future. I would not know how to decode it too.
Gazza

Postby MiceHead on Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:03 am

Hi. I was wondering if there was any more info on this?
MiceHead

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect